Note to New Members ×

Youngest Hardbooter in America!

RacerMom

Kid is rawkin' it! The Race to the Cup is going to belong to that kid. 8 years of gate bashing by the time he's the age for that? :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

AWESOME work getting him started and railing at that age! Dig the name too!

Theo

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored by monster? :eek::

I don't think the kid is sponsored by Monster, he is wearing a race bib of which MOnster is a supporter of the race.

Glad to hear that you are getting so much riding in Arclite, keep it up and I will let you ride my 190 Rossi next year!!

I don't think the kid is sponsored by Monster, he is wearing a race bib of which MOnster is a supporter of the race.

Glad to hear that you are getting so much riding in Arclite, keep it up and I will let you ride my 190 Rossi next year!!

i think my X2 will be all I need next year. :biggthump

• 1 year later...

I can remember watching Darren Gardener at 7 on a Burton Factory Primes 135 cm ripping it like that. He is doing OK now (Team CSC, Canadian Development team, on his way to NZ for Youth Champs), and 3rd at Canadian Nationals.

The biggest issue now is to make sure he doesn't burn out and still loves to be on the hill in a decade.

My young student Yoshi (member here too) was under 8 years old in the early spring, when he won his class GS (up to 10 years of age!) at Whistler.

Looking forward to coaching him more next season.

On the side note, Cam, are you a buddy of Dave Sima (Dave* here)?

On the side note, Cam, are you a buddy of Dave Sima (Dave* here)?

Yeah i know Dave. I had a chance to ride with him years ago at Whistler, and when i am out west i try to meet up with him for a BEvERage or a few runs when we can. I am going through some of my old pictures and might post a couple of us in the pictures thread.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...