Note to New Members ×

2008 kessler GS 177

Coloradoking

2008 Kessler GS board both standard and hangl inserts, good condition, minor topsheet damage with one scratch on the base.

cared for meticulously as a race board for one season. ground once

edges set 93 side, 0.5 base

length 177

waist 20.4

1.2 cm taper (standard)

pictures on request

725 USD

• 3 weeks later...

psh you know what i mean, its 87 i just didn't think about that before i typed it

the board was made for me a little bit ago, it is made for someone around 180 lbs and the sidecut is hansjurg's invention, i have no idea what it is. the stance is default at 49 cm

i'll have pics soon, just need to call my parents, they have the board right now.

the board has not been ground since the beginning of the season so it will need a new grind (i would recommend a broken linear or a chevron grind for kesslers/SGs)

the effective edge, again, is something kessler dreamed up with the KST design, but with these boards a 177 will have something close to 170 cm of effective edge. its alot, trust me these things rail like nothing else.

the board was too short and too soft for me, which is why i replaced it. it is still a race quality board for anyone riding less aggressively (or just plain being lighter) than me

No problem "champ"

Dude, why are you heckling in a sale thread?

Plus you know your heckling a young kid who is trying to make a career on the race to the cup circut?

He is just trying to share some "new school" gear to any one interested.

Since your not hip to new school action, why comment?

Burners suck compared to any prodect that says Kessler on it I have several that just sit in the rack since discovering New school action years back. Have you ridden New Kesslers and New SG shapes?? cuz they do crush almost every other board out there.

The kid was correct in the last thread and he based it off his experance riding both types of boards, by the way his current coach was riding burners for most if his race career he rides Kesslers now, matter of fact his coach rides a Kessler from this kid?

Also the same kid just broke a SG SL stick and handed it off, knowing that I am helping a board builder catch up to new school shapes, I then passed of to a board builder so it could be used to help that builder build better prodects...That the kind of move a real Champ makes!

So as always it's going to be one of the BOL "locals" that chase off a poster who is particapating in the world of alpine and really wants to see the sport of alpine grow some thing rare from a young snowboarder..

Way to keep it real.. Big Canuck.... real lame and old school on BOL! :smashfrea:smashfrea

The kids 177 k was a bit small for him it was a screw up that he tried to ride through If you want to have a sick shape that rides more like a "old school" 185 with the length of a 177 look into it. Super sick ride

waist width, rider weight and board length is all you will ever get for Kessler specs. The turn shape is PGS and the side cut is perfect for PGS shaped turns. Most PGS courses are around 22-24 meters in distance. Some of the girls boards have 14m radius some of the Boys 20+m the 177 is a big girls or smaller mans board.

thanks bordy, but i think this whole thing might have scared jojogreen out of the board.

thanks big canuck, always good to have someone f*ck up my primary income source.

nah,

you didn't scare me off yet

but once you get those pics, email me

i either want to get a new prior wcr metal or this but i haven't decided

bordy is right, CK is selling what is probably the best race stick available right now at a fair price.

if you want what's under the feet of some of the best in the world, get his board.

Burners were great in 1998, I had a bunch and I've had about 10 decks superior to any burner since.

Burners are also going for way too much money now compared to boards that are a decade newer going for less.

One forum member here scored a metal coiler for 250 and then another one for 300. try and get a burner for that price.

nah,

you didn't scare me off yet

but once you get those pics, email me

i either want to get a new prior wcr metal or this but i haven't decided

Unless you get on of the custom race shapes from hardbooter the Kessler is nothing like a Prior. Its like a full race car vs a street porshe. Only there is No DMV on the Hill to say you can ride it!!!:eplus2:

psh you know what i mean, its 87 i just didn't think about that before i typed it

Just makin' sure so that prospective buyers know what they are gettin'. Also razzin' you a bit.

CK takes care of his equipment so you can count on this being as described with a well running base and sharp edges.

Good luck CK

Ink

Don't listen to the haters who would rather type all day than actually go ride...

Don't worry about liking a kessler... Worry about the day you need to get another b/c the first one is addicting.

If I didnt already own a K Board, I'd jump all over this. Enough of the hatin'.. start appreciatin'...

just a quick update on the pics, they are coming soon

btw just a heads up, the topsheet is a little scuffed, with a couple of shiny spots where the hangls trapped water next to the board, leaving corrosion (i polished it off nice and shiny for you :biggthump)

it looks as good as a year old metal top can after a year of racing.

don't worry, theres nothing more beautiful than a kessler sailing down the run, even if it is a little scuffed.