Note to New Members ×

A simple stance question

DjulezD

How exactly do you measure stance width, is it from center to center of the bindings or the distance between the bindings ?

I went back to an alpine setup this year after a long softbooting interval and reading all the discussions on stance width, angles, cant/lift, etc. helped me a lot to determine what I think is the right setup for me.

Yet, I find that my stance width (57cm = 22.4 in) seems a bit wide according to BoL standards. So maybe I am not measuring it right (I measure from center of the binding).

Thanks Folks.

Actually, I didn't follow any trend, but the old kneeling method plus my past experience on GS boards. 22.4 may just be a bit too wide after all.

Might explain why 20.5 feels wide with 3 front and 0 rear.

Looking for a TD1 3 degree in red or purple for this reason. See WTB section.

Hey Derek, I am still in for a trade/sell on the TD1 disks, BTW.

I'm 5'10, straight legs, 3 front 3 rear, and this year I've been riding 21.5" on my Virus WCR 180.

I'm still debating whether that's too wide or not. Unfortunately, once I get around to thinking about it, my TD2s are iced/frozen up enough to make it incredibly annoying to take them all apart and change. So I just shrug and keep going. :D

greg