Note to New Members ×

How long do your intec heels last ?

Surf Quebec

How long have you been using your intec heels before one break ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been using your intec heels before one break ?

• 2 years or less
    • 3 to 4 years
    • 5 to 6 years
    • 7 to 8 years
    • More than 9 years

Do you refere heels it self or cables?

I used to swap heels once per season due wear of plastic. Pins started to be more loose after season and i did not wanted to take unnecessary risks with them.

This took care of cables mostly. But sometimes needed change cable still. Usually i have always spare cables on my car, just incase.

EDIT: cables are easy to break with too much force. I've seen them breaking due force/rost after quite short usage too.

Hey SurfQuebec,

Just bought mine, so cannot really tell you how long they last, but sure hope they'll provide me many days of solid, strong safety with the F2 Intec Titanium step-ins I got. The only thing I've notice is that the more I'll walk on concrete with them, they probably will wear out faster than my original Deeluxe heels if I was on clips.

How many days have you done on yours since you got them ? Feeling solid ?

Take care

SnowieQC

I broke my first pair after 2 days (wings broke on one ) then the other ones lasted 2 years, but I changed them anyways so they don't fail on me at a bad time.

When I go on trips, I bring my retro kit to revert the bindings back to bails (Catek) that way if my intecs break, at least I can still ride. (I also pack my original rubber heels.

... on hill before I retired my last set in favour of Fintecs. There was really no tangible signs of wear, cracking, broken components, or other deterioration. The was some modest wiggle in the pins but it never felt like it had reached a problematic state. Even the cables were still original.

I broke a pin once, on the first day with a new set, and I heard from one other person here who had the same thing happen (busted pin on the first day). Other than that I've never had an issue in the ~10 years I've been using Intec. I did throw out one set that was a few years old, but they were working fine, I just got nervous...