Note to New Members ×

Bear Mtn on Super Bowl Sunday (2-1-09)

gdboytyler

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When conditions are good, I actually prefer Bear Mtn over Snow Summit. The steep sections at Bear are longer than the steep parts at Summit.

Showtime under the main quad is short double black. Good run to hit while I'm waiting for chair 4 to open. Exhibition under chair 4 is where most carvers spend their time. It's a single black, gets good grooming and low traffic. There's a short blue run by chair 4 also.

Geronimo is the steepest run at Bear. It's less than a mile long. Only problem with Geronimo is that it usually gets bumped up pretty quickly.

ill bring both boards

the xgames board, and the F2. I want to start getting used to flying off ramps, and drop-offs. :eplus2:

Erwin, if you want to try the F2, lemme know. :biggthump

Thanks for the offer, but I'll also be bringing a couple of boards. The Coiler (current favorite) and custom Donek 165 (old favorite). I want to verify that the Coiler really is sooo much better or if it's my imagination.

I also plan on hitting a few of the jumps at Bear....on the alpine setup.

When the superpipe at Bear gets finished, then it will be time to break out the freestyle board and softboots!

Thanks for the offer, but I'll also be bringing a couple of boards. The Coiler (current favorite) and custom Donek 165 (old favorite). I want to verify that the Coiler really is sooo much better or if it's my imagination.

I also plan on hitting a few of the jumps at Bear....on the alpine setup.

When the superpipe at Bear gets finished, then it will be time to break out the freestyle board and softboots!

When you hit the superpipe, tell me. I've always wanted to try out a pipe. Me and andrea will go with you and we'll hit the pipes, funboxes, rails, jumps, and drop-offs. aiight?:biggthump

Halfpipe I kept getting air and riding out of..Guess I suck at halfpipe (go figure)

The green jumps are fun and easy. Wouldn't want to go any bigger than the 2 foot jumps though..

Well thats changing for me on sunday :biggthump

5 ft+

the halfpipe. :biggthump

and im making myself do them. once i do a few jumps, ill get used to it and acctually want to go flying down the jumps at 30 mph. :biggthump

Well thats changing for me on sunday :biggthump

5 ft+

the halfpipe. :biggthump

and im making myself do them. once i do a few jumps, ill get used to it and acctually want to go flying down the jumps at 30 mph. :biggthump

Take it easy Julian. Jumping in hardboots is a different game, you get jostled way too much on landing. Also, try to figure out the flex pattern on your board so you know where not to land. For example, my Coiler (probably Erwin's too) has the "Save your tail" tail. Soft soft soft in the tail, but my board is stiff underfoot. Landing anything big on the tail would result in a much shorter board.

Take it easy Julian. Jumping in hardboots is a different game, you get jostled way too much on landing. Also, try to figure out the flex pattern on your board so you know where not to land. For example, my Coiler (probably Erwin's too) has the "Save your tail" tail. Soft soft soft in the tail, but my board is stiff underfoot. Landing anything big on the tail would result in a much shorter board.

thats why im using my old K2's and the x games board. dont you read?

With absolutely no surf being forecast for Saturday that leaves me with nothing to do (unless raking leaves and picking up after the dog is important). So I think I'll be heading up to June Mtn. for the weekend. Hopefully I'll catch you folks at Bear or Summit next week.

Is it that time of the month again? :)

KC is calling you a girl because you rebuked him for not comprehending your post properly.

Because you see, girls have their periods once a month and get all bitchy for a week or so.

Hence, "Is it that time of the month again?".

I'm all about safety and education.

...and nice running into the camera Erwin. stop looking at the camera and look at the mountain :biggthump

if you look at the mountain, you wont dig a trench trough your camera.

Yeah, slight mis-calculation in my part.

You are suppose to look where you're going. Unless there's a camera around, then YES, definitely look at the camera ;)