Note to New Members ×

170 F3 Madd....

big canuck

2007 model with 5 days on it. One insert in the rear set is stripped out.

Riding the Olympic Doneks in the quiver and really enjoying them. Someone should probably be riding this thing.

Tuned and ready to go.

I paid $500.00 US + shipping. That's what I'd want get out of it. If you search "170 F3 Madd" on the classified section its the one Tex had for sale and there are great pics there.

Thanks

K

I bought the Phantom 182 from Mello which came to him via Shred. I've only been on it for probably 12 runs max. My question is about the bad insert. How many inserts are bad-does the madd have standard 8 and how many and which one is bad? Was it cross-threaded and what bindings were you using on it? I'm assuming this happened to you since it wasn't listed in Tex's listing -thanks.

The condition is same as MelloYello listed in his ad which you can query. It's the orange Virus Phantom 182-same position as you-don't really want to sell but if I were picking up f3 Madd, I could live w/ myself

I'll have a look at which insert is stripped... pretty sure its (looking at the board) on the left hand set of inserts 4th insert back. I have TD3's on the board. It is the only insert that stripped out. I think its a set of 10 inserts front and rear...

I always mount my front binding first then the back, I had tightened down all the bolts on the front and I'm pretty sure I had tightened 2, if not three, with about the same tourqe on the rear binding and then when I was tightening down the one that stripped (nothing seemed weird or felt like I was forcing it) it just let go.

I have talked with Sean from Donek and he sent me a link showing how it could be repaired.

Let me know if you have futher questions. Thanks.

K

Kurt sorry to hear of your troubles with this board. I will say that this is one of the most amazing boards I have ever ridden. It's like a springboard out of turns.

As for the inserts - I found that when mounting with TD2's you had a great range of options of which inserts to use - the way that insert pack is I had an option of 6 holes with almost every binding position. Given that this thing likes to be ridden slightly forward, that particular insert should cause no problem to anyone with a sub-20.5" stance. I rode 19.75" and am 99% certain I never touched the back set of inserts.

Good luck with the sale - if I had the $ right now, I'd buy it back...