Note to New Members ×

need a new all mountain or freeride board

Aisling

I would stay away from the Avalanche and the Sims Sparkle because they are Cap construction, the 24/7 is unknown to me though the specs look nice the Mystique claims to be a better Carving board and I like the colors:biggthump

yeah i was leaning towards the mystique... and yah perty colors LOL

if your feet are on the big side for a girl a standard mens board will do you fine.

yeah, burton is solid BTW.

my best advice would be to skip the low end boards, look for something that is a higher end model but has been sitting around for a couple years.

I picked up a new old stock atomic firestarter for $150 shipped that had been sitting around in a shop for two seasons that originally listed for $600.

let me tell you, the difference between a $250 retail price board and $600 is HUGE! for example, with my boards I've ridden both a burton bullet (cheapo deck like $300 list) compared to a burton baron with similar specs but high end construction was like night and day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-ARBOR-MYSTIC-155CM-SNOWBOARD_W0QQitemZ180320223122QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.rei.com/product/758497

hey guys thanks for the help here... bob i actually have rather tiny feet in particular for a tall girl. if i were wearing a boys shoe it would be a size 5-5 1/2... ladies 7-7 1/2

thats pretty much why i was lookin at chick specific cause of the smallish feets

dingbat i have no board! my nidecker called it quits on me so thats why im lookin for somethin cheapo to ride for the rest of the season. notb is apparently havin a sale might pop up to salem to see what they got tomorrow.

shrederjen how did you find the luna for riding in suboptimal new england weather? LOL or have you had the opportunity? seems in my price range...

and guys tell me about the steepwater.. .why do you love it?

thanks again!

dingbat i have no board! my nidecker called it quits on me so thats why im lookin for somethin cheapo to ride for the rest of the season. notb is apparently havin a sale might pop up to salem to see what they got tomorrow.

I have a Salomon Definition 160 just hanging around the livingroom. You are welcome to it for the rest of the season (or untill I do in my FRS165) if you like. It was originaly specd. for a rider 175-190 lbs, but has been softened considerably by 5-7 years of having a 200 lb guy on top of it.

let me know,

-Mark

Oh yeah, it's a pretty bluish-purple color if that makes any difference.:rolleyes::p

I have a Salomon Definition 160 just hanging around the livingroom. You are welcome to it for the rest of the season (or untill I do in my FRS165) if you like. It was originaly specd. for a rider 175-190 lbs, but has been softened considerably by 5-7 years of having a 200 lb guy on top of it.

let me know,

-Mark

Oh yeah, it's a pretty bluish-purple color if that makes any difference.:rolleyes::p

hey mark, (pretty colors... ;) )

i'm a fair amount lighter than the original specs and have pretty small feet... would i have to carry rocks in my pockets? LOL

Guest shrederjen
hey guys thanks for the help here... tomorrow.

shrederjen how did you find the luna for riding in suboptimal new england weather? LOL or have you had the opportunity? seems in my price range...

thanks again!

I have honestly never riden in New England. I used to ride mine (the k2 Luna)in the California, Sierra Cement...... Since then, I went to Boy Boards for the stiffer ride. My freeride is now the 3800, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay wide. But, its super fun in pow and I can ride it with plates.