Note to New Members ×

this may seem a little wierd....

dillrepair

but i have a question... more philosophical than anything...

i have two "all mountain" boards... (nitro shadow, morrow source) both 163... similar width, very slightly different sidecut (but lets ignore the sidecut for now), similar flex... but one has inserts that are set back about an inch or two further.. so i could set my bindings back a little more on one... is the one with inserts further back significantly better for powder, and is that significance worth $145? cause if not i might just take it back.

sorry for the strange riddle.

thanks for the advice.

-PAt

-- and yes i would much rather just get rid of both of them and get a better board but i don't have the time before i leave.

but i have a question... more philosophical than anything...

i have two "all mountain" boards... (nitro shadow, morrow source) both 163... similar width, very slightly different sidecut (but lets ignore the sidecut for now), similar flex... but one has inserts that are set back about an inch or two further.. so i could set my bindings back a little more on one... is the one with inserts further back significantly better for powder, and is that significance worth $145? cause if not i might just take it back.

sorry for the strange riddle.

thanks for the advice.

-PAt

-- and yes i would much rather just get rid of both of them and get a better board but i don't have the time before i leave.

For my size I couldn't really think about a 163 as a powder board myself. so the setback on the one is of dubious value IMHO. However if you are a smaller rider and it dumps a foot and a half where you are going, and it is noon and the legs are screaming and you get a little relief from that inch or so further back, then it might be worth it.

Where are you going? They might have truckloads of snowboards there.

http://www.hardbooter.com/aboutus.asp

Check these guys out, a couple of the guys post up on here all the time. If they don't or can't demo some gear they could point you in the right direction. I would plan on more snow than less from the weather report I saw this morning.

You should be able to handle something up into the 175+ range with no problems. And if the snow is deep, you will love it.