Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Ouch Angie, heal fast!

Well it happened about two weeks ago and i got the stitches out a few days ago. Its healing fairly well but I have some nerve damage on the top of my foot. Hopefully that will go away before the season starts. Im also hoping the location of the cut doesnt cause any issues with my boots because its right at the top of the cuff. Only time willl tell and it could be worse. At least I have a good tan to show for it!

Rode Dedisse with Farmer yesterday, I love those oldschool denver mountain park trails, stupidly steep, rocky, bouldery, off camber, poorly signed and at times completely nonsensical. Did the lollipop on the northside of upper bear creek road counter clockwise, and rode down a fricken waterfall on the west end, brakes couldn't stop my fat butt, It was Awesome! Good times, can't wait to do it again! You could tell that sustainability was the farthest thing from their minds, they looked at where they wanted to go and just built it

mario

Bummed I missed you fellas Bigs. Next time.

Alright you CO mtb'rs. The Colorado Trailblazers are hosting the Epic at Buffalo Creek on Sept 15-18. We are trying to complete the Nice Kitty trail this year and really need your help.

For $10 you get 3 nights of camping for the event. The 15th and 16th are ride days, 17th is build day with continental breakfast, catered dinner and live music by the Wizards of Whack. The 18th is another ride day. Folks working on the trail will be eligable for swag after the work is done.

Registration and more info at http://coloradotrailblazers.org/ under the trail days pull down.

The event is a good time and the Runes Ohana will be in attendance again. Come on out for all or part of the event and give back to the community by building some sweet trail that you will be able to enjoy and say that you helped build.

I look forward to seeing you on the Nice Kitty.

Ink

what size of rotors are you using??

Avid bb7 w 8 front 7 rear, with avid speed dial levers set up for modulation, I like simple systems and am less apt to break a mechanichal cable than a hydro. Prior to this stopping has not been an issue. Had my butt nearly dragging on the back tire (gravity dropper seatpost... awesome) just pointed the bike at a big boulder so I could stop and reasess my line, no big deal I was moving slow but starting to accelarate. Made me laugh

mario

It has been a while Angie. The Runes Ohana misses you as well. Let Jim know that we say Hi to him also. Kai is looking forward to some more good riding with both of you.

Ink

As of Monday, I finally grew a set on the DJ and cleared the big line at the Denver Bike Park. Even more fun now. Also, Kai was riding with a buddy and they pushed each other to clear the first "small" gap. Kai cleared the wooden step up and tabletop too. It was sooo cool to watch.

Ink

• 2 weeks later...

Either Mario misses me too or, more likely, you should all be glad your name doesn't start with A....since his pocket and phone have become quite fond of POCKET DIALING me :eplus2:

I actually thought he wanted to talk to me this week since there was a message this time, but alas, it was just a butt dial. Sigh.....

Either Mario misses me too or, more likely, you should all be glad your name doesn't start with A....since his pocket and phone have become quite fond of POCKET DIALING me :eplus2:

I actually thought he wanted to talk to me this week since there was a message this time, but alas, it was just a butt dial. Sigh.....

Yes Angie, I and the rest of the LCI miss you... my crackberry knock off has a bad habit of goin on the web, and dialing you miss pink pants, sorry.... I could take you off the list....:eplus2:

Try ahaving a name that begins with two 'A's! Although this tells me Mario doesn't have me in his caller list. : (

If you actually made it out here a little more often....I lost your number 2 or 3 phones ago, are you gonna make it out this year?

mario

Actually Angie, Mario's butt misses you, hence it has dialed you repeatedly. And having the opportunity to hang with Mario over the years, be glad that his butt was not "talking" to you on that message!!! puke.gif

:Dthefingerpop.gif:D

just bought my 4 pack to aspen today. are you ready ?

The weather has definitely turned here. I'm ready! Jim is ready but I'm thinking he's a little daunted by the whole boot packing Highlands Bowl portion of his early season :eek:

As long as I don't stick a hand in one of your trenches I should be fine! I will let you know the dates as they draw closer.

I knew I could count on the LCI to welcome me with open arms. At least Mario so far!

Yeah, I did that last season. Not fun.