Note to New Members ×

Any rider feedback on the Apo snow swallowtail?

Dan

A buddy is looking at this board:

http://www.apo-snow.com/apo_snow/site_type/site/index.php?idlang=1&idmenu=136&page=apocalypseswallow_gb.php

Does anyone have any first-hand experience? The one that my friend is looking at is probably a few years old - it's a red topsheet with (I think) a chrome-looking graphic. He'd be using it on deep days at Mt. Hood Meadows - the biggest thing he's got now is about a 163 freeride board and he's tired of getting stuck.

Thanks!

That one?

A200SWT is one of the stiffest boards I've got. Can not bend it on groomed. Might have to do with the fact that sidecut (very long radius) starts just forward of the front foot.

I havn't ridden it in the real deap pow yet. However, Nils said in one of the treads that it is an absolute rocket.

That one?

A200SWT is one of the stiffest boards I've got. Can not bend it on groomed. Might have to do with the fact that sidecut (very long radius) starts just forward of the front foot.

I havn't ridden it in the real deap pow yet. However, Nils said in one of the treads that it is an absolute rocket.

No, it's not that one, it's a newer board - a 186 from APO, Rolland's current company. Pretty sure I was wrong about the chrome graphic, sorry -- I think it's actually the board behind the duct-taped guy (see link above). If it's as stiff as the A, I kind of wonder if it would be good for powder, or if it's more of a big mountain-focused board.

Happen to be the one in Bend? Anyways, softer isn't always better for pow. The nose profile combined with the tail shape on the APO should make it a open field rocket. Nitros are softer and better at slower speeds in deep stuff. So, depending on rider style, he may like it a lot.

P.S. I was looking at one to make it into a split....