Note to New Members ×

Mammoth 12/26 to 12/30

garyj

I just got up to Mammoth this afternoon. Carving should be ideal in the next couple days as the grooming and cold temps hunker down the snow. If anyone is up and wants to make some turns give me a post. I will most likely ride Mammoth early and maybe June in the afternoon. Tomorrow will most likely be an all mountain day after it gets all cut up. Hopefully we'll see some carvers out there tomorrow...:)

I'm driving up tomorrow and staying in Bishop. Won't hit the Mammoth runs until Sunday though. I'm thinking of doing June on Monday, how are the conditions there comparatively?

I'm the newbie in the orange jacket on a Prior ATV 171. If you see a guy on hardboots falling a lot that's probably me :freak3:

Didn't see any hardbooters at Mammoth today. It was packed to the max though! The runs on the backside weren't too bad. I think I'll be at June tomorrow.

I was there later in the day, and I saw one other guy on a shorter Burton, was that you? This was near chair 2.

I'll see you at June tomorrow. :)

That is one awesome pic, did you stage that Andrea?? Is that your new Virus w/ TD3s.? If it isn't, Woolly is riding some nice equipment!!!

yes and yes

when i saw him i had to take a couple of pics, check my profile i just added a picture, i didn't know his name is Wolly, thanks for the info

by the way the virus is a sweet ride, more demanding than the prior but worth the extra effort, i guess i'm officially infected as of 12/27/08

I was there later in the day, and I saw one other guy on a shorter Burton, was that you? This was near chair 2.

I'll see you at June tomorrow. :)

I'm on the Prior ATV 171. Alright I saw a bunch of carvers on J4 yesterday, where you guys at? Man, the runs around the J4 chair are awesome! The grooming was still good through the end of the day and the 'crowd' was all in the middle and right of the mountain.

I'm officially joining the "June Sux" brigade :eplus2:

This Wisconsonite is headed for Bishop / June Mtn next weekend (1/10-1/11) Any feedback you locals have on conditions, forecasts, and Apres' would be most appreciated.

Those of you choosing Mammoth, watch your backs, you need a head on a swivel at that place.

Have a fun, safe New Years weekend!

Where are you guys? I was at the Eagle lodge side the whole day and didn't see any other hardbooters. There were about 2 million other tourons though. :smashfrea

June will probably be in order tomorrow. Look for me on a stubby. :) I will probably have a bunch of softbooters in tow though, and may have to spend most of my time over by J7.

Algunderfoot: I should be around that weekend hopefully. There isn't much Apres in June. Tiger Bar would be the closest to a scene. In Mammoth proper, there are a few places. Whiskey Creek is decent, Lakanuki if you like the fart.. err frat party scene ;).

Thanks Nekdut,

And all we have in Wisconsin is Saugage parties you know, so I think I'll avoid the Lakanuki.

I'll be on a Cranberry Prior 4WD, Dark Grey Karbon jacket, light grey pants, let's catch up if your there. I'm usually a first tracks guy unless it's Sierra Cement, in which case I'll let the sun get up first.

Sorry I missed the Sunday Gunsmoke brigade. With sporadic web access I was a little out of touch with you guys. I did see Thomas and we rode Gunsmoke for several runs, which was fun---good to ride with you again Thomas! I also met LOC before making his last run.

The carving conditions were near ideal both Monday and Tuesday at June. The conditions at Mammoth were also good, with the exception of the crowds, as one would expect. Although there was plenty of real estate to make turns between the hives of people with a smaller board. Big boards were out of the question on most of the carvable runs. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you boys later this month---see you then.

GC

Hey Loc, do you have a relative named "Brian?"

You guys have the same last name, and thats not a common name.

Nah don't have a relative by that name. I'm sure you're being sarcastic about "Nguyen" being uncommon right? My sarcasm meter might be broken lol. I think 75% of Vietnamese have my last name so I differentiate myself by riding on hardboots :)