Note to New Members ×

Early Jan

Guest shrederjen

Guest shrederjen

I'm needing a fix.....

Will probably buzz in for a quick 3 day weekend early Jan.

Will be at the Basin on Sunday 4 Jan by noon......

Monday is open, will go anywhere.

Tuesday was thinking of hitting Loveland until 3pm or so.

Will be in Wildernest, Sunday and Monday night.

Let me know if anyone is up for riding any of these days!

Jen

Oi, I noticed your bagznbeadz.com site. For the record, I used to be a lampworker. So, all the more reason we oughta meet up, Jen! I live out in Vail, and I do have some employee-affilated tickets for Vail Resorts (all 7 ski resorts). Send me a PM if interested. I want to put them to a good use, like other guests who could use 'em with good discount. Dont want them to be put to waste.

Guest shrederjen

Heya Lee,

Im up there as often as I can, this season.

And I intend on riding right up to the end, like last year!!

I am always up for a Vail backbowl day on a huge pow day....

hint hint.

My Basin pass allows me 5 days at Keystone or Breck, one of them being at Vail or the Beave.... I can get an okay airline discount at both of those places, too....

I will be at A-Basin Sunday, and Loveland on Tuesday.

Monday is open for suggestions.

Jen

ps....my lampworking web site needs updating!!!!

Guest shrederjen

The few hours I had at the Basin were hard and fast.

I only saw one plate rider on the hill, and she was struggling with her new (used) Kessler 174. Scary board. But, when it hooked up, it sure was fun!! Hey, do ya think riding this sic board would qualify me for getting the 'race' version of the TD3s?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Guess I'm gonna have to shoot for more than 300 lbs on that stupid leg press........

I'm up here. Still not sure where to go, tomorrow.

Think I will definitely go to Loveland on Tuesday.

Heard the snow was great..... sigh.

I will be back for a day at the summit, next weekend. (on my way to Steamboat) Hope to hook up with the Lovey crew next Sunday?!?!?!?!?

Could be there round 10ish... If the flight is on time.

Jen

Guest shrederjen

I am thinking Keystone, today. Hoping most of the crowds have left.

Have not heard from anyone that wants to ride.

Will probably hit the slopes after the sun warms things up.

10ish.... Its cold here today!!

There is nothing worse than pulling up to a fellow fruit booter crumpled up on the gronund and not moving. Lee took one for the team today but made it down hill under his own power. There was a few tenative moments but we got him on his feet and seems to be alright. Knocked his head (helmetless by the way) and hopefully he has a new found appreciation for the helmet that is sitting in his house. It was great riding with you finally after a couple of years of email and phone calls, lets ride again real soon. Suppose to be some weather pulling into the high country later this afternoon soo it might be a nice pow day at the Beav. Took out my minty fresh Burner today, a 197 is definately a handfull but such a fun riding cruise missle when conditions are appropriate.

Think Snow

Guest shrederjen

Keystone was ripping.

Lee, it was fun to finally meet and ride with you.

I do hope you are feeling more better.

Will see ya again.

Fin, wowzer....finally got to do a few hard and fast rides with Fin!!!

Mark, always a pleasure. One of these days, Im gonna get a board long enough to keep up with you....

Not sure about tomorrow, 6th of Jan. I will be riding somewhere. It just depends on what the weather does. If it really dumps to the west of us, I would be remiss, not to go do a day in Vail or B.C.

I will see what tomorrow brings.

Regardless, be back again next week, for more!!

Ack, got my hands full with errands all afternoon/evenings, but been meaning to keep you two posted that I -am- ok.

Dull headaches, but that'll do. Yeah, I like helmets, but like I said, it's a pain in the ass with hearing aids (coach maccarron has seen me cursing as I try to get 'em hearing aids on so I can hear his feedback while fidgeting with the helmet). So it's a juggle between those two on importance -- hearing aids, I use 'em cuz I know what it is like to work on the mountain, snowmobiles. So I rather be able to hear it, or for that matter, a snowcat crossing with the siren on. So it's a tough call, really. But with the nogging egg-shake this AM, I think I rather go deaf and wear helmet. :-/ :smashfrea

Yeah, I remember hollering at Snowman "get it off of me. get it off of me," when I had a hard time getting my perspective focused up. Kinda hard with 'em legs attached to the board. Thanks to Snowman to fiddle with my pants to get them intec unattached to my board.

So thanks for watching out for me, you two, esp. the call to ski patrol, jen. This turns out to be critical when I ask the patrol on what I should watch out for later on. By the time I got to my truck, I started to see stars, and went "ah-ha, that's the one." So I slept it off and woke up feeling much better.

Yes it's nice to meet you two -- finally. :) Again, but with helmet on? :smashfrea

Gads, I'm still not done with my errands (laundries).

When I was folding my clothes, I grinned silly and had to remind shrederjen and snowman this.

I hope you two did get the kicks out of it when the ski patrol was asking me if I remember my name and I went off singing Eminem's "Slim Shady." :) "my name is slim shady. my name is what? my name is who?" :) I'm quite postitive the ski patrol got the kicks out of it, too!

I am so glad you are alright. I was sure that you were going to have the atomic brain squeeze after a head knocker like that. It is a reminder of just how fast things can go drastically wrong on the mountain. Keep me posted on your riding plans we need to do some more riding.

Think Snow

Lee,

See post #4 from http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23415 for a link and read up on this stuff so that you know what to expect and how to care for it.

Take care of yourself. Big Mario was out of sorts for months after his head knocker.

I hope this helps.

Ink

Oh Yeah... I vote for you wearing the helmet.

Lee,

Maybe see if you can find a snowboard helmet like a skid-lid (you know - the mini-helmet that the American Chopper set likes to wear)

or maybe use an actual skid-lid - they are pretty light and offer some bit of protection, but they leave your ears open...

just an idea...

Guest shrederjen

Well, I had a fabulous weekend.

Thanks to all that rode with me and kept me entertained at meal time.

Today, I spent a great day riding with two guys half my age at Loveland!

The snow was in great condition. What fun!

A.Chef, we will have to do it again... Thanks for showing me all the great, groomers. I would like to see you out on your big board!

Drew, you rock in soft boots! Next time, bring your hard boots, and let us know when! I will buzz in and do Tuckerman's at some point. Not sure when, but its gonna happen, especially if I have someone that knows the ins and outs!

I.M. Thanks for the meal time company. Made the weekend more fun.

My only regret is not having another piece of CCC!

Hope we can ride, next time.

I'll be back for more, next Sunday!

Jen

Yeah I know about Will Garrow and his endevadour.

As for the helmet, I am still experimenting with it at the moment. My Protect has removable ear flaps, but it gets durn cold (quite often lately which is unusual for CO).

Yeah, I've been watching my head for the time being. -mumbles a prayer- Gotta take it easy. Guess I'm not sharp anymore. Mom sorta teased me "honey, youre getting old."

:lol:

My protect = My Protec