Note to New Members ×

Xmas Eve at Buck Hill - It's Tradition!

trent

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! holy crap is that amazing you caught that image. i'm laughing now, because dave's ok. i think on the lift, kent and i both were cringing, going "oooooo!".

great to see 13 carvers out there! i'll get video up in a couple hours, or days. family xmas activities are about to begin.....

-trent

This pic had to go up first thing. I apologize for having to do it, but it's just too funny. I'm just glad there were no injuries. I'm guessing that there will be some sorness involved though. I have more on the way, but this is a classic.

Wow! I don't think we could Photoshop a better fall. Yikes......

We better check on Dave in the AM.

So I pulled some of the better pics. This was the first day out with my camera so it was kind of a learning experience. Many of the pics from farther up the hill were slightly out of fucus. Probably from handholding a 80-200mm lens. I'm not sure why some pics are really bright while others are not. The lighting didn't change that much. I'm sure it's some setting I'm unaware of at this point. Like I said first day with a new camera, but I hope to get it dialed in at some point. All in all I'm pleased. Everyone looked pretty darm good. Here is the link again. I hope it's working. http://picasaweb.google.com/Gpowell1.8/ChrismasEveAtBuck?authkey=L486DMeYV5s&feat=directlink

Is that a new riding style? What do you call it?

I think that is called Auger Carving, ouch, sure looks like it hurt.

Just want to let you guys know I checked out your hill that you ride, not much but rideable. You show that little area no mercy, I am always reading that at least one of you carve the slopes everyday, sometimes more than one. Keep it up and keep the pics coming!!

I think that is called Auger Carving, ouch, sure looks like it hurt.

Just want to let you guys know I checked out your hill that you ride, not much but rideable. You show that little area no mercy, I am always reading that at least one of you carve the slopes everyday, sometimes more than one. Keep it up and keep the pics coming!!

It must be one of the few places where alpine boards don't get a second look. Weekends there are often several carvers and even weekdays, there are often two or three. Also. it's race central for skiers so a higher percentage of skiers there can carve than is normal at most places. Between boarders and skiers the hill is often totally shredded.

BobD

Great pics, everyone. Just wanted to say I had a great time riding with everyone. I will definately be looking at trying to get up for the session in January. I couldn't believe the turnout and it was nice not being the only hardbooter on the hill.

Also, I do think I may be going to the afton alps on Saturday. Not totally sure but thats what it looks like now. Of course the weather will make for some interesting conditions but thats the midwest for you. So I know I mentioned to a few of you I would be going out again so let me know if anyone will be out.