Note to New Members ×

Just in from my persoal weatherman...

dingbat

"Dude, we'll have 2' + on the ground on xmas day, with more in the hills. That crazy ice storm plus the really warm day that we had have changed the weather pattern. ...the storms are stacking up like planes on approach to Newark... one after another after another. We're gonna get crushed!"

:biggthump

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dinger, whats the beast looking like

Couldn't tell you at the moment, I'm in Nebraska.:(

From what I knew of their snowmaking plans, and the weather we've had this past week, I'd say it should be in pretty good shape.

If you're planning on heading up during the week, let me know and i'll get a report for you from one of the guys on the hill.

Should be there. You still got my number?

Looks like I'll be up Thurs., most of Sat., and all day Sun.

Was supposed to go today, but my plane was late last night and I didn't get to bed till 3.

I'll give you a first-hand on conditions Thurs., unless you want to come out and see it yourself.:biggthump

January 4th.. you gonna be around next Sunday, mark? lookin to come out to the BEast.

got the invite from mark for 1/4, prob can't make it but we'll see. Would be great to get some Beastie ality

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRV6YHCMsEU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRV6YHCMsEU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cool. I just got back from the hill. Conditions were not the greatest with all the wind we've had lately, but certainly good enough to have fun.

So far, Sun. is supposed to be 30ish and Sunny. Every day leading up to it is going to be cold with a tiny bit of snow on Fri. They were blowing snow like mad today and I don't expect that will stop any time soon. Sun. should be ok if the wind on Sat doesn't shift to far North.

I'll be up Fri night and Sat day so I can give you an update then. I would plan on bringing an early season board as a backup in any case.

I rode the all-mountain board I built at the end of last season all day today. It was the first day I really rode the thing, also the only day I've riden it since I cut the tail (split it, kind of like a Burner), and my first day on hard boots this year. Still thought the snow was reasonable if that tells you anything.

Snow was decent today, starting to show some scraped off areas around 2:30-3:00. The most promising thing though, is that it remained cold and dry throughout the day so it should groom out pretty well. The wind is supposed to die off tonight also. 34 and sunny tomorrow so the morning should be pretty good.

See you all there!:biggthump

I had a great time yesterday, thanks for coming out guys!:biggthump

We got a pretty positive response to our presence as well. Lots of folks went out of their way to ask questions and comment on how much they enjoyed seeing us do what we do.

Cail

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5US4dLL0cWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5US4dLL0cWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dingbat

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4xMazVyJ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4xMazVyJ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bobby,

Hardly a place better than BE to get your kid going. My friends and I all have kids. It's really easy to keep track of them at this hill and we all go up at once so we can take turns hanging with the kids on the greens and bunny hill while a couple of us break away for runs. Depending on your sons age, you could also put him in the mighty mites program which is two hours in the morning and/or two hours in the afternoon. Plenty of time to go have some unhindered fun while your kid is getting top notch instruction geared to his ability level.

Sounds good. I should be there Fri. night, Sat open to close, Sun open to close. Pm me or post here when you figure out what you're planning or you can always find me at group lesson line-ups at the pole below the main lift. Times are on the website.

-Mark

I had a great time. The snow was really nice. I only wish there wasn't a race there, other than that, superb.

Next time someone has to get some footage of me. :D Sorry the quality stinks.

I don't think I will ever get tired of Exhibition. I think we might have to sneak in there and swap out the gearing on that chair lift though. :rolleyes:

Going to take out the "Dingbat Custom" sometime this week.

Both of you guys almost collide at 1:20 in the Dingbat movie, great stuff.