Note to New Members ×

Old school Sims guys, help me out.

photodad2001

I've found a guy who has a Sims Carve and it's in pristine condition. He wants $250 for it, it has more camber than any board I have now and it's a 164cm. He has bindings on it, Burton race plates I think. Is it worth it? I really like the width. He has some boots to go with it but they are way too small for me. I figure I could sell the boots and invest in either another pair of used boots, or just put it towards lift tickets. Is the "Carve" a decent ride? I know the Sims "Burner" gets some respect in here.

That board is 10+ years old, right? I'd say that $250 for the board is no deal. $250 for board, boots, and bindings would be much better, but you're still effectively paying about $100 for the board. Pretty sure you can find something more current and better-performing (though maybe not as minty-fresh) in the Classifieds for that.

Offer $100 -$125 for the boots and the bindings, then spend the difference on a board from the Classifieds. :)

I've found a guy who has a Sims Carve and it's in pristine condition. He wants $250 for it, it has more camber than any board I have now and it's a 164cm. He has bindings on it, Burton race plates I think. Is it worth it? I really like the width. He has some boots to go with it but they are way too small for me. I figure I could sell the boots and invest in either another pair of used boots, or just put it towards lift tickets. Is the "Carve" a decent ride? I know the Sims "Burner" gets some respect in here.

too much.

offer 100 and be done with it.

anty more than you're getting screwed.

I thought the board was old, just didn't know how old. Thanks, I'll see if he'll come down on the price, if not no biggy. Just out of curiosity, when did Sims make the Burners?

from around 97 or so on to sometime in the 00's and kept making them for a couple years under another name and they were exclusive to other markets for the last couple years they were made.

nice but easily breakable boards.