Note to New Members ×

Winter 08-09 boots thread

Louis

Hey guys,

I dont know much about boots (except the facts that my raichles were pretty good when I got them..)

What is new this season ? Is there any alternative to Deeluxe or it is always the mainstream ?

I've heard about Head, UPZ whats up with these guys ? In Quebec I can only find retailers for Deeluxe, I might just continue to buy with them unless there is a huge difference in price/quality if I go with any other brands.

Feel free to give your 0.02$ on this subject. It can be a suggestion, a general appreciation of your own boots or perhaps what you are planning to buy for the season.

See you around

I love UPZ boots. I've tried both Deeluxe and UPZ, and for me the UPZ fits my feet better. They have a wider toebox, and shorter sole length, and I just like the way they flex. When it comes to boots, as with anything in this sport, it's all personal preference.

I wish I could try UPZ boots, i'm pretty much flat footed and my feet are pretty wide compared to a standard footprint..

On the other side I got a good deal on some deeluxe this year if I buy them..

I'm the exact same, and I put so much work into my Deeluxes, only to have them still hurt my feet. The UPZs solved all my problems.

Same here. Though I slid an orthotic (sp?) molded specifically for my foot into the UPZs. They are amazing.

As well I did some serious damage to an ankle in a fall bouldering 4 years ago, now the bone on my right inner ankle sticks out about 3 to 5 mm more than the left. A stiff boot (including hockey skates, and stiff hiking boots) will cause so much pressure on this point that I can't wear them. After being in the UPZ boot for about an hour on the first day the Flo liners molded themselves around the pressure point, and the pain in that location went away. I haven't had any pain there from the UPZ boots since.

Dave

I wish I could try UPZ boots, i'm pretty much flat footed and my feet are pretty wide compared to a standard footprint..

On the other side I got a good deal on some deeluxe this year if I buy them..

sounds like head or UPZ would be the boots for you.

if you do go with deeluxe make sure you get the suzukas or indys, the shell of those boots work better with wide feet than than the Track models

I love UPZ boots. I've tried both Deeluxe and UPZ, and for me the UPZ fits my feet better. They have a wider toebox, and shorter sole length, and I just like the way they flex. When it comes to boots, as with anything in this sport, it's all personal preference.

UPZs have less volume around the ankle and lower calf, too. I have Raichle 324s and UPZs from last year, both in size 27, and the UPZs fit my feet better even though they've had less work done to them. Boot fitters have commented that my ankles are scrawny. :)

UPZs have less volume around the ankle and lower calf, too. I have Raichle 324s and UPZs from last year, both in size 27, and the UPZs fit my feet better even though they've had less work done to them. Boot fitters have commented that my ankles are scrawny. :)

Man,of course I hear this after I pick up some 325Ts.

Thermo liners helped me a lot, but they're still way too loose at the top strap. Thermos fixed most of my issues with the side of my arch being bony & hitting the side, they also helped fill out the ankle strap but I could probably still do better. Gonna gry the 325T for a year at least. They're a longshot better than my sb124s at least. Went down a size and got thermos, so no wonder.

Man,of course I hear this after I pick up some 325Ts.

Thermo liners helped me a lot, but they're still way too loose at the top strap. Thermos fixed most of my issues with the side of my arch being bony & hitting the side, they also helped fill out the ankle strap but I could probably still do better. Gonna gry the 325T for a year at least. They're a longshot better than my sb124s at least. Went down a size and got thermos, so no wonder.

pretty much the same thing as the SB series boots