Note to New Members ×

TD3: UPS boots with F.A.S.T heels

irvin

I need some new bindings since the old Snowpro F.A.S.T system sucks after a few seasons.

I'm looking at the new trench digger, standard model.

I have the UPS Mach 1-boot with F.A.S.T heels.

Do I need to buy the UPZ DIN modules for it to be compatible with the trench digger?

Side view of the boot

Picture from underneath

Also, I read something about t-nutting the UPS/UPZ boots, but it seems like mine allready are t-nutted?

I bought these new, so it's not the work of a previous owner.

Inside view of the boot

I've pretty much had enough of step in.

I'm so tired of not being able to step in and having other people wait for me.

The F.A.S.T heels cloggs up with snow and the snowpro bindings does the same.

Snow clogging up will always be problem, but I can't stand when mechanical stuff doesn't work right. Especially when you can't see whats going on down there.

Convince me otherwise, but to me the intec is just an inverted F.A.S.T solution or vice versa.

I have no experience with intecs, so I appreciate every reply about your experiences.

On the snowpro bindings the plastic prongs that's supposed to hold the toe bail in upright position break in a matter of days.

This makes it even worse to troubleshoot the binding while you are on the slope since the toe bail insists on laying down horisontally.

While I have this problem on a TD3 step in?

I have no experience with intecs, so I appreciate every reply about your experiences.

On the snowpro bindings the plastic prongs that's supposed to hold the toe bail in upright position break in a matter of days.

This makes it even worse to troubleshoot the binding while you are on the slope since the toe bail insists on laying down horisontally.

While I have this problem on a TD3 step in?

I don't, intec with the TD2 and OS2 have been pretty good for me, flat does help to get in though but not too bad.

Do I need to buy the UPZ DIN modules for it to be compatible with the trench digger?

Also, I read something about t-nutting the UPS/UPZ boots, but it seems like mine allready are t-nutted?

I've got a pair of UPZ and TD2 standards. Your boots are ready for use with TD2 and I would assume TD3 also. But from what I hear, because the INTEC step-in system works very well you may want to consider the new Fintec heels and the TD binding intec version.

You do not need the DIN adapters for carving bindings. The photos you posted show that yes, your heels are already t-nutted.

In the t-nut photo you see a little hole by the upper left t-nut? That is for the intec heel release cable! Such a deal!

have a good time,

BJV

Thanks to everyone for your replies. :biggthump

I'm leaning towards buying the fintecs because I don't want more flex.

Seems like a lot of people are pleased with the intec system.

Anyone want to buy some used F.A.S.T heels and snowpro bindings? I guarantee dissatisfaction. :o

I'm another big fan of Intec, I agree with everything written above. I have to scrape snow off my heel or off my binding sometimes, but no more often than when I was using conventional bindings.

(I have two sets of Fin-tec heels on backorder right now. :1luvu: Can't wait.)