Note to New Members ×

Problems with Head Boots / Intec Heels

Idaho Mike

Anyone know where I can get better T-bolt insets and bolts so they don't "spin" when I start screwing intec heels onto the boots?

Here are pic's of what I'm up against:

th_IMG_4631.jpgth_IMG_4630.jpgth_IMG_4633.jpgth_IMG_4635.jpg

Based on the thread below, I guess Head boots have this problem fairly regularly, so I assume others have dealt with this. What I want to do is get the right T-bolt insets, bolts, and intec heels. I don't know where to buy any of them. Help? :freak3:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15277&highlight=head+stratos

If I order an intec heel assembly from here, do I get the necessary Tbolt pieces to fix this problem?

http://www.exoticboards.com/catalog/item/6618676/2231206.htm

And if I order the "fintec" heels from BOL, do I get the necessary parts?

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/accessories/Fin-Tec_heel_assembly.cfm

Thanks for any feedback.

It should work. You might have to drill out for some bigger T-nuts if the existing holes are too big for part # mentioned. Those boots are sketchy though, I'd think. Upgrade your gear for cheap. There are plenty of deals around on really nice boots that other's are unloading in order to upgrade themselves. Just a thought.

Thanks for all the quick input folks. Boots are just a "tester" pair to see if my wife likes hardbooting or not.

Getting the old heels off was hellish. I ended up taking some pliers and a hammer and just prying the plastic heels off (leaving screws intact), then I took a hammer to the protruding screws and hammered them through the heel so the insets popped out inside the boot. After they all popped through, I just grabbed them and held them still with needle-nosed pliers.

I'll order 98965A210 Metric Zinc-Plated Steel Tee Nut, M5 Internal thread, 8mm Barrel Height, 4 prong and let you know how it goes.

Oh, but wait - where do I order them from!?

..How'd that install go? I'm gonna be in the exact situation next week.. Head boots, intec heels..

Rob

Actually haven't done anything else yet. I decided to buy the Fintec heels - worked out to be about $15 more because the Intec heels required $23 for shipping. Based on what everyone says, I'm thinking Bomber will send the T-bolt insets I need. I don't want to have to buy 100 insets so I can use 8 of them and let the others gather dust and clutter my basement.

So you'll have to let me know how your install goes!!;)

just about any home depot will have the hardware you need it cost me less than $10 for the hardware for two boots. should they not have metric go with a standard size as close to m5 as possible, I'd err to bigger than smaller and bore out the holes if I had to use a size that does not fit perfectly over going to a smaller size