Note to New Members ×

Madd sidewall colors?

big canuck

There are 4 different side walls that Madd did

yellow

green

red

white

I've been on quite a few different batches of Madds and as bobdea indicated I did find that the yellow were generally softer than any other ones I've been on. If you can get a white side wall Madd those are the best production year of all the batches that Madd has made. I think they are an 06/07 production year. The 180 boards are amazing regardless of the side wall color.

Jack or anyone else jump in here if you have more insight.

The only year the sidewall color has any significance was the '04/05 boards (blue boy topsheets). Many blue boy/green sidewall boards had bonding problems with the CF x-wing topsheet, which would pop off on day one. If you have a blue boy with green sidewalls and it hasn't lost it's CF topsheet, you're probably fine. They fixed this issue and did a second run of '05 boards with the blue boy and red sidewalls. Those boards were also a little stiffer than the green sidewall boards.

All years after that there weren't any bonding issues, and the boards generally got stiffer and better. My '07 158 F3 has green sidewalls, and it's amazing.