Note to New Members ×

More Safety Measures?

yyzcanuck

Err damnit my last sentence didn't find its way in there..

I was gonna say "I mean really..there's so much criticism for Americans being flagwavers, but it's no different in Canada"

Sounds a hell of a lot different the way I had it posted! :lol: I was being ironic, but not THAT ironic!

Corey- No. Hadn't watched news for a good year until the 4th of this month, haven't since. It's specifically the pettiness of Canada's news sometimes that I find so strange. Then again, having nothing domestic to report about is pretty damn good these days.

absolutley untrue.

I know a bunch of canadians as well as spent a mess of time in the country.

NB and quebec are great as are the people, they don't even call canadian bacon canadian. Notice we call our trademark cheese american, fitting too, it's the wal mart of cheese.

We do have bourbon, that's american and actually is great!

You do know that we have other radio and TV stations in Canada apart from CBC, right? So what you're saying is that if CBC defines Canada, then CNN must define the USA. You really think that's true? I'd hope not.

Bob is right on. Growing up in a little country like New Zealand where we really have no news, and therefore we have to fill the news hour with international stuff, I'm shocked at the trivial and pathetic drivel that passes for news in North America, including Canada. Do some travelling when you get a little older, and then come back and watch some US TV, and tell me what you think then.

There's nothing wrong with being patriotic. I'm very patriotic towards my little home country as well, but it doesn't give me the right to dis other people. We're not right or wrong, we're just different, and that's a good thing.

As for the safety thing - well, all those middle aged snowsports people had better staple padding to their walls and stay home. It just gets more and more pathetic. Let's just experience life through the internet feed, because obviously it's way too dangerous to go outside...:AR15firin

people die skiing and boarding by choosing to don slippery things and attempting to travel down a slippery slope. i don't quite understand why this is such troubling news.

a colleague of mine did indeed lose his mother while boarding out west during USASA nationals a few years back. oddly enough they never blamed anyone but recognized that it was a horrible situation with an element of regret. they had chosen a less than ideal slope. i honestly wish more folks could deal like this. the reckless sense of self entitlement is destroying these sports that we love so dearly. i am rather tired of being snaked by kids in race suits in the parks and i am rather sick of being run over by 50 year old business professionals who can't be bothered with skiing in any path other than a straight line. most accidents are truly due to skier/rider negligence and it's about time that we started holding ourselves accountable. granted, sh*t will always happen, but much of the time it is the result of the choices that we have made. whatever happened to skiing in control?

or in short i agree with what steph said.

unrelated note: prop 8 cannot legally be passed into law due to the fact that the nature of it is as an "amendment" to the constitution and the needed support of a majority vote (i think it needs 2/3's) was most certainly not met.