Note to New Members ×

Dave! Roy! Boris...Think I am going to die this season.

tele-bum

for those that doesn't know me I am a telemarker who rencently took the dive into the world of carving.(well. i do it too on my gs skis) but this is totally different.

so, very long story short; my board and bindings arrived just now and i looked at it. And I thought to myself: "i am going to die":eek::eek::eek:

but damn those 5 bucklers are sexy.

my chronics are almost the same height as the board. And I swear to you. the width of the board is almost as big as the fatypus or comi-kazi or should i say thin compare to a regular board.

don't you guys dare leave me this season...

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0980yv3.jpg

Hey Joey, I'm glad you finaly took a plounge into it! We've been talking about it, for how long now, 3 years?

No worries, my man, you'll love it. Btw, as a mountain employee, you are entitled to request the lessons. Insist on hard boot instructor - it would be great pleasure for me to fulfill my duty :D

As for carving on skis, well, I though I could carve before I tried the alpine board. Suddenly I was a better skier too.

Those super fat teles we could just mount as 2 skwals - one for you, one for me. You won't need them any more once you tried a real pow board ;)

The Cypress returning staf sign-up is tonight - I might see you there?

Boris

No? They didn't send you a letter?

They do the first round of paperwork at a set date and location, all at once, so they don't have to deal with everyone on individual basis.

It's tonight at the pub at Lonsdale Quey, anytime 6pm to 9pm. I'm more likely to be there towards the end of it.

my brother is a tele god, every year we trade equipment for awhile and I've tried alpine carving gear and ski boards but he did great and I struggled to embrace the skid. Last year I thought I had him with my new alpine snowboard stuff. I thought I'd skid around and he'd flail, then get slammed a couple of times before giving up in defeat. However, he was arc-to-arc on greens right away, then managed some blues while I pancaked myself on the tips of his tele boards with my ski carving tactics, then meekly paratele'd the rest of the morning, hanging out in the back seat, feeling like a total loser.

So keep the positive attitude, tele to alpine snowboard can be a survivable (and fun!) endeavor :)

I'll let you know that I am somewhat a tele-god too:1luvu:. Still tele-ing never said I was quitting. I am just very interested in alpine board. And seen a treamandous increse in recent years in popularity. espcially on my mountain.

no, the fatties there is the k2 hellbents.

the fatypus is this ski!

check out the "a-lotta"

i believe they were the wide-est ski ever made up until two years ago.

http://www.fat-ypus.com/home/home.php

Ola Joey, Glad to see you got gear for the year,

definitley take Boris up on the Mtn staff lessons.

You know my routine , I am more than happy to drag you around the hill and give you my two cents, I have a sneaking suspicion if you can tele you will be up to speed in no time flat, I personally think the idea of heels flooping all over a bit terrifying.

Just found out I had three weeks of vacation owing to me that has to be taken before Xmas so I will be putting in a three week straight stretch of riding at that time, that means every one must pray to ULLR , Dave* needs lots of snow early.

Keep an eyeball open for the tigerstripes ( orange and black or the tan and black )

Should be a fair size pack of HBers this year at Cypress

Boris

Roy

Ruwi

Pierre

? Geoff the instructor kid?

Tony ( new guy, in process of boot fitting some UPZ for barney Rubble feet)

George

Joey

Dave*

Doug if he decides to come and visit

Have we forgotten anybody?? Mr Roboteye, are you going to get off the big mountain fixation and join us at Cypress a few times?

Ola Dave, hate you (in a good way) for 3 weeks winter vacation!

There will be even more alpine rideres then on your list:

Roy's got one or two new convertees;

I'm trying to gear up a Korean guy, a new immigrant;

Surfrat has bought some alpine gear and will try to ride more then one evening per week;

Lesnowman lives in Van now and would love to ride with us. We might even get some coaching out of him, or even do mini races...