Note to New Members ×

Anyone know anything about the UPZ RC-10's?

MUD

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Bob,

What have you heard about them??? How do they compare to the other boots available?

not here yet, same shell as the old ones though from what I can tell. I will take some pictures and tell you about them when they get here

I think they come with extra tongues, a nice feature.

I'm guessing they will be here in a few days, shipped from canuckia I think

Bob- How do they compare to the red shelled ultralites? Similar flex? Stiffer? The buckles looked beefed up, which is a good thing, but I couldn't get much more info from Dan.

yeah, I'm thinking he did not want to give too much info until he had the boots in hand. Judging from the pictures any upgrades are pretty minor.

I'm hoping the foam injection liners work for me, that boot was hell un-modded both with their old liner and with a TF.

I'm hoping with some shell material removed and the foam the boot will be bearable.

The folks that ride low angles tend to be happy with this boot, I'm riding lower angles now and I'm sick of my 700s and I'd hate to replace them with another pair as I never liked them that much in the first place.

anyone care to translate?

Die Neuentwicklung und gleichzeitig das Ergebnis von langen ausgiebigen Tests

Das neue Modell für die Saison wurde so umfangreich überarbeitet und nochmal verbessert, daß man schon fast von einer Neukonstruktion sprechen kann.

Die Schale wurde verstärkt und aus einem neuen Polyamid 12 Material gefertigt, das nahezu unzerstörbar, extrem leicht und zusätzlich kältestabil ist.

Das heißt Dein neuer Virus UPZ RC 10 bleibt bei jeder Temperatur gleich im Flex!

Mit neuen leichteren Materialien wurde ein neuer Innenschuh konzipiert und so wurde auch an Gewicht gespart. Die neue Zungen-Konstruktion mit neuem weicherem Flexverhalten sorgt für mehr Komfort und leichteren Ein- und Ausstieg! Die wie gewohnt schon sehr gute Paßform und Bequemlichkeit wurde ebenfalls noch verbessert, ohne Abstriche in punkto Kraftübertragung auf das Board oder den Ski machen zu müssen, im Gegenteil!

Verstärkte High-Tech-Schnallen an optimierten Positionen aus dem Skirennlauf tragen ihr übriges zur perfekten Performance diese Boots bei! Ein härtere Zunge liegt bei.

Eine Adaptersohle um Euren RC 10 in einen vollwertigen Skiboot umbauen zu können, ist optional hier im Shop auch erhältlich!

Lass Dich also von der Evolution im Snowboard und Skiboot-Sektor überraschen, und schon nach der ersten Abfahrt siehst Du, daß Du die richtige Wahl getroffen hast.

Google Translate can.... :lol:

The redevelopment, while the result of long extensive tests

The new model for the season was so extensive revised and improved again, that one almost of a redesign can talk.

The shell has been strengthened and a new polyamide 12 material that is nearly indestructible, extremely easy and additionally cold is stable.

That means your new virus UPZ RC 10 remains the same at each temperature in Flex!

With new lighter materials, a new shoe designed interior and it was also to save weight. The new tongue construction with new softer Flexverhalten provides more comfort and ease of entry and exit! As usual, very good fit and comfort has also been further improved, without sacrificing in terms of power on the board or the ski to have to do it, on the contrary!

Enhanced High-Tech buckles on optimized positions from the rest of her skiing contribute to this perfect performance in Boots! A tongue is harder.

An adapter to your sole RC 10 in a full rebuild can be Skiboot, is optional here in the shop also available!

Do so by the evolution in snowboard and Skiboot sector surprise, and even after the first exit you will see that you made the right choice searched.

first impressions looking at the boot, minor refinments to the buckles, looks a little less cheesy than the RSVs I had, they have little bits of wire like I have seen on some ski boots to keep the buckles from coming unlatched as the boot flexes.

the cuff alignment looks different than the old boots, not as cheesy.

This liner is NICE, I got the injection foam version, cost a extra $200 but it's a steal compared to going out and spending $400 on a set out another ski boot or going all out for the surefoot. Leather outer on the liner. BIG change from the old UPZ liners that were the worst of the snowboard specific hard boots available. This one seems to be the nicest. After I get these molded I'll chime in on that but so far so good.

There are things I don't like about this boot, like the plastic toe pieces, slippery on hard surfaces.

The holes for intec cables could be moved outward a bit, this is a real issue if you have a high volume foot with the UPZ boots although this boot feel roomier in the heel area than the RSV, this could be due to the liner in this boot but either way I'm impressed with the boot in general.

UPZ has really stepped it up!

They deserve credit for improving their product and also deserve credit for offering snowboarders the option of a truely top end liner that no other snowboard specific boot manufacturer is offering. Thermoflex liners are the darling around here but honestly can't touch a few of the other types of liners available.

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

forgot to add, these boots come with two sets of tongues the grey ones are stiffer, I have the black ones on right now and the boot seems as stiff if not siffer than the old ones I had a few years ago, with the grey tongues on the boot it would be stiffer..

compared to the heads this boot is MUCH stiffer, also stiffer than the AF700s I'd wager. I'm thinking the liner has a big impact here, the RSV with the old liner or a set thermoflex liners did not feel as stiff.

I have been riding Deeluxe indys for 4 years now. Good boots but quite stiff for free riding or carving.

Last year in Solden I tried on the RC10 and I was impressed. By far the lighter boot I have ever worn. The inner boot after 10 minutes felt like it was hugging my leg from all sides. Also the shortest base available (ideal for riders with large shoe size). I went ahead and ordered a pair!

• 11 months later...

Hi, I was been using Deeluxe boots for like 6 years before February 09 when I got my new RC10's.

I can say I like these so much better, I came with the stock liner and two thongs, the black ones are really nice. I do both racing and freecarving but can't use the grey one at all, absolutely no chance to bend it, at least not with my weight (about 145 pounds). I like the 5 buckle system, it gives you a great possibility to adjust the feeling inside. They seem to be narrower that my Deeluxe, too. The power transmission with these boots is simply precise. One very important thing is, that If you switch from another boots, you may need to change the bindings as well since the sole is extremely short (which is a good thing). My RC10's are 42 I guess and I use M size F2's but set to something like 37, hard to say but way smaller...

I also got my UPZ RC 10 two weeks ago. The shell does have a very nice form and the sole is really very short (which is very nice!!!), but if you measure from the toebox to the heelcup (where the toes and the heels really sit) then the boots are not shorter than the Head Stratos Pro I have here to compare.

Nevertheless the boots look amazing - buckles, springs, top strap, leather liners, form of the shell - everything looks great :biggthump

Just make sure ( or maybe I'm the only :smashfrea ) that the grey discs with the screws on both ankles sit always tight because after Deeluxe I didn't realize that there were screws (except sole screws) that need to be checked and I lost one disc + screw, so I am just waiting for a new one...

Good Luck :AR15firin

Whoa, can anyone else confirm this? I've been told that the UPZ boots are a little wider than the Deeluxe/Raichle boots, with Head being the widest of the class.

greg

My understanding is that the toebox is wide, whereas the heel is fairly narrow. I hope this is correct since that's basically how my feet are shaped.

i have Heads but have been thinking of getting the RC10s. i had the red UPZs and those killed my feet...seemed way too narrow (though I did have a size too small). Heads were the most comfortable for me. anyone with a wider foot/forefoot switch from Head to UPZs for comparison?

i have Heads but have been thinking of getting the RC10s. i had the red UPZs and those killed my feet...seemed way too narrow (though I did have a size too small). Heads were the most comfortable for me. anyone with a wider foot/forefoot switch from Head to UPZs for comparison?

That's what I'm doing this season, going from heads to UPZ-RC10's. My forefoot is somewhat wide (though certainly not mack-truck proportions) and my heel is narrow. I eventually got the heads to a pretty good place, but I had one consistent problem I couldn't seem to get rid of: my heel would start swimming side to side later on in the day (not lifting but shifting medially/laterally in the boot) ... felt sloppy. I'm a bit concerned with the stiffness of the UPZ but I think I'll adjust. I started out softening up the heads (by cutting off the wings in the lower) but ended up stiffening them back up with springs later in the season (I much preferred the feel of the springs to the wings).

We'll see ... I'll report here when my boots arrive. I got the funky translucent looking version.

has anyone who is familiar with both UPZ and other hardboots noticed any problems ( or at least differences ) with how high the heel is on the UPZ?

Because the heel-bail groove is tucked under the heel so far it seems to incline the whole footbed significantly. With most ski boots the footbed is not so dramatically inclined. Hardboots in general seem to have more incline. How does UPZ compare to others in this respect?

I do know that when I transitioned from ski boots to UPZ I had to tweak my binding's toe and heel lift.