Note to New Members ×

Mont Tremblant Gathering

yyzcanuck

He doesn't want his real name used here...

(??)

OK, how about using this post as 'The List'? So far we've had the following people say they're coming (yes), express some interest (maybe) and some I'm not sure about (??).

Dave & Andrea (yes)

skategoat (yes)

cail (yes)

*ACE* (yes)

Ernie00 (yes)

Surf Quebec (yes)

MJB (yes)

AlexJ & Steph (yes)

Rob Smith (yes)

ARCrider & Monique (yes)

Paulk (yes)

WEBSIGHT360 (yes)

Fancy Bob (yes)

Marker (maybe)

Derf (maybe)

Erik J (maybe)

tex1230 (maybe)

polaris (maybe)

gmarsden (maybe)

KFOTS (maybe)

pm wizard (maybe)

pan (maybe)

Ian M (maybe)

Steve Prokopiw & Maureen (maybe)

davekempmeister (??)

Jack Michaud (??)

Boarder Ted (??)

Super Bee (??)

Dave ESPI (??)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live in ste adele, between st sauveur and mont blanc

Tremblant is my workplace, I teach snowboarding

Avoid riding Tremblant on the weekends:danger danger danger

mont blanc has 2 peaks, the north one is mostly open on the weekends and is a carvers paradise...

st sauveur is small and I think mont blanc has equal or better grooming

I'm in and would love to see more than a few carvers together in the Laurentian hills during something other than a CASI course

I'm in and would love to see more than a few carvers together in the Laurentian hills during something other than a CASI course

I believe I know who chewy is and yes, we'd love to have you join us for our little get together! Would you be interested in hosting an informal 'carving class'?

The tentative plan is to avoid Mt.Tremblant on Sat/Sun and enjoy someplace like Mont Blanc Saturday and perhaps St.Sauveur on Sunday. Monday is race day at Tremblant. The Friday is an option too... maybe some people can start their weekend early?

Rob Smith, I'll shoulder the blame for 'forgetting' to put Alex on the list with your name. I should have known that and instictively done it!!

pan, yyzcanuck:

Do you know if Gray Rocks offers Alpine Snowboarding Lessons? I went to Gray Rocks (2) consecutive years when I was skiing and the progress was phenominal. Since starting to ride Alpine, I often wondered IF they offer Alpine Snowboard Lessons ? If they do, I may need to take a weeks vacation to come back to Gray Rocks in early 2009.

Thanks in Advance for any Information, jp

JP1, probably, I'm the only instructor in Gray Rocks ski school who can give a plate lesson. I've been teaching in Gray Rocks for a while, but I travel frequently to other ski resorts, especially last two years. That may be why you don't see me on snow. You come from New Jersey? We always have NJ ski race clubs coming to Gray Rocks for race week during January. Do you know these clubs? PM me if you plan to ride at Gray Rocks. :biggthump

Count me in.

mont blanc has 2 peaks, the north one is mostly open on the weekends and is a carvers paradise...

st sauveur is small and I think mont blanc has equal or better grooming

I agree with Chewy. For carvers Mont-Blanc has the best combination of vertical/grooming/runs width/skier density of the Laurentians during the week-end. There is also a little-known resort with similar features about 1/2hr east of Tremblant: Mont Garceau in St-Donat (1000 ft, 25 runs).

http://skigarceau.com/Plan-des-pistes

Alright, I'll admit it... I'm illiterate in several languages and French is one of them!!

So I'm looking for a little bit of help with creating an acronym for the weekend. Something that will work for Francophones & Anglophones alike.

SES is the acronym for Summit Expression Session.

SOS is Southern Ontario Session.

What can we tag to this gathering?

I work at the Tremblant school on snow.

We have several instructors who are great on their plates and are passionate about carving.

Eric Demontigny

Steven Clark

Christian Hrab

John Pellegrino

Chris Green

There are more around the province too if anyone is interested in getting in touch with local instructors.

I work at the Tremblant school on snow.

We have several instructors who are great on their plates and are passionate about carving.

Eric Demontigny

Steven Clark

Christian Hrab

John Pellegrino

Chris Green

There are more around the province too if anyone is interested in getting in touch with local instructors.

chewy... when you see those guys, please have them join our instructor list using the following link.

Carving Instructor Registration LINK HERE!

I'm with you on that. We'll try to get things organized at quickly as possible and... with the lowest chance of having to change venues.

Honestly though... the resorts are all so close to each other that if you stayed in Saint Sauveur, you'd be pretty much central to everything.

Maybe one of the local riders can offer some advice on that.

well we have to sort out the hills we ride then work out housing

st sauveur is an hour from tremblant

mont blanc is 20 min from tremblant

gray rocks is less than 10 min from tremblant

if the roads are good

other hill ideas?

There is also a little-known resort with similar features about 1/2hr east of Tremblant: Mont Garceau in St-Donat (1000 ft, 25 runs). http://skigarceau.com/Plan-des-pistes

Any other locals been there?

Garceau

yup its a nice one and they even have some great carvers that rock the place.

bigger than st Sauveur but smaller than blanc, its an old family hill with natural swerving runs, kind of narrow

there are many other hills too

Mont Saint-Sauveur, Mont Avila, Ski Morin Heights(secret glade heaven), Mont Olympia, Ski Mont Gabriel, Chantecler, Mont Habitant...and others too

Habitant is very popular with the carver crowd but a mellow and short hill

Gabriel is the widest run option, gets my vote...very few lineups

i really dislike st sauveur/avila Tons of weekend warriors, small, and full of the jibbers

most of these hills have night riding too (not tremblant, blanc)