Note to New Members ×

Need help choosing resort.

cafercr35

I have last 2 weeks of January open. \Our party will be my wife and I, Brotherinlaw,wife and 3 kids....took them all to Breck last year and put them in the bowls....They are stoked to go again.

I have been all over, I ride in NJ 2-3x a week - snow permitting. The thing is - my travel has always benn in late Feb to beginging March....

So where is the best snow in January? And I definitely want ride in/ride out.

Maybe a cabin instead of a hotel or condo.

Anyone suggest anywhere or own anything and want to rent?

Thanks Joe

I have last 2 weeks of January open. \Our party will be my wife and I, Brotherinlaw,wife and 3 kids....took them all to Breck last year and put them in the bowls....They are stoked to go again.

I have been all over, I ride in NJ 2-3x a week - snow permitting. The thing is - my travel has always benn in late Feb to beginging March....

So where is the best snow in January? And I definitely want ride in/ride out.

Maybe a cabin instead of a hotel or condo.

Anyone suggest anywhere or own anything and want to rent?

Thanks Joe

Have to put in my usual plug for Sun Valley. The last two weeks of January are my absolute favorite part of the season here. It's not like we are a super busy resort to begin with, but during that time there is practically no one here. If you want lots of cold winter chalk with impeccable grooming and deserted runs - this would be the best call.

The bowls and all the steeper stuff are usually in great shape, with the awesome groomers right there too.

If you stay in Warm Springs you will be right at the base of the Mt. I can send you more info if you want. I am sure you will have tons of suggestions from around. I love it here. :1luvu:

I'd go with snowmass in January...great for riding, basically everything is ski in/out, might be a tad cold- but will be uncrowded and conditions should be very good. Skip March - Too many other things going on (spring break/weather/conditions/etc.), especially with your group...

Google aspen classic pass, but flying the family out for the pictures would negate any savings you might have.

mario

yes sweetest deal there....I was looking for a way around it.....not possible

=Jim Callen; I'll put some feelers out regarding lift tickets, but it's iffy this early. With luck I'll be in the area and can show you the best runs snowmass has to offer. Shoot me an email when we get closer to the date

You the man! Always looking for the best runs:biggthump - thanks for the feelers - I think I'm gonna hang on the tickets and see what coes up.

If the Canadian dollar keeps tanking, you would be crazy not to go north of the 49th. My fav is Fernie, BC but going to Banff will get you spitting distance to Lake Louise, Sunshine and Norquay. Unless, of course, you like huge crowds and heavily tracked snow. Then I would say go to Whistler. While you are there you could get your place in line for the 2010 events, I think the lineup started last week.

ESPN Winter X Games 13 - Buttermilk - Jan. 22-25

Hey Mario - someone mentioned at one time (2006?) SkiCo used to offer a BOGO coupon in the Denver Entertainment Book. Do you know anyone in your area who might be able to confirm if this offer is in the 2009 edition?

Hey Pat,

The only destination resorts in this years entertainment guide are Copper and Winter Park, there is lots of stuff for the basin, lovey, monarch and eldo.

mario