Note to New Members ×

A push in the right direction

smallfry506

T

Note about the Head Stratos Pro: this is a STIFF boot stock. .

it's funny how everyone is different, of the high end boots available and even formerly available I thing the head stratos pro is the softest by a long shot......

it's funny how everyone is different, of the high end boots available and even formerly available I thing the head stratos pro is the softest by a long shot......

I've heard differing opinions on the pecking order of boot stiffness ... I wonder if this has anything to do with the low cuff height. Seems like the low cuff would make the boot feel softer to taller people (more leverage) than shorter people. I'm slightly below average at 5'9". Taller cuffs would probably decrease this effect.

the pecking order I have generally heard is indy/af700 > HSP > track 700.

I think you should find an F2 Silberpfeil 172 and try it out until you know exactly what you want, THEN spring for a custom board. Its a really great all around board that can get you situated with alpine riding pretty well.

I had the funds after my first year of carving for a custom board, but I held off and got a bunch of production boards of all types, to see what I liked best. From there, I found my favorite boards (F2 Speedster RS and F2 Silberpfeil) and had Bruce from Coiler build me something right in between.

I think you should find an F2 Silberpfeil 172 and try it out until you know exactly what you want, THEN spring for a custom board. Its a really great all around board that can get you situated with alpine riding pretty well.

I had the funds after my first year of carving for a custom board, but I held off and got a bunch of production boards of all types, to see what I liked best. From there, I found my favorite boards (F2 Speedster RS and F2 Silberpfeil) and had Bruce from Coiler build me something right in between.

After riding/owning a Nidecker GS, F2 Silberfeil, F2 Speedster, Prior 4x4 and Coiler AM-T, the Coiler AM-T rules. I like each board but would always ride the Coiler 80% of the time. Having a custom sidecut is huge for me too.