Note to New Members ×

helmet recommendations?

queequeg

I'm helping a friend pick out a helmet and she seems to be longer and narrower in terms of her overall head shape, such that many helmets that fit her fore and aft wobble side to side with too much room on the sides. We found one helmet that seems to fit fairly well: the Salomon poison. Any recommendations for helmets that generally fit a narrower head shape and come in low size ranges for a good fit?

I also have a tall skinny head. And some people have said it is even pointy and/or hard :freak3:

Over the years I have always had great luck with a line from Borei that are made for this head shape. They seem to change the line name over the years but a Borie expert/sales guys should know the models made for this.

Good luck!

I just only say, just testfit a helmet before you buy it. My son had to fit over 20 helmets before he had one. I just bought one through the internet because I did know this helmet will fit always because of the extra's in it. They have some extra paddings in it, you can place them where you want, so you always have a perfect fit and they are also great to see, but that's just me: www.sweet.no.

my head is long front to back. I don't know if it's skinny side to side, but I love my Giro 9.9. I wouldn't even wear a helmet, but this one is so comfortable there's no excuse not to.

My dad has severe taco head. The 9.9 fits him great. I was "blessed" with a Ukranian head that pushes my helmet way up..

Pow-Espi11-25-07sm.jpg

Pow and I last year (its in my hand.. LOL)

MDVCRed1330-14364359.jpg

Racing at the loon finals.

PICT0699.jpg

Last/best day @ jiminy with carvers '08

BigDtrail1.jpg

Last day of 08 season up at Stratton popping a quick shifty stall comming up a ditch ramp behind the trail map sign

I have more, but those are the ones I know where they were easily acessable.