Note to New Members ×

DEELUXE INDY 2004/2005 spotted

Hans

This springsystem (as well as boot) is intended for racing and I believe that it performs well for that matter. If you want to do freecarving, then it is not suitable for many riders (due to too hard spring and limited range of movement), but such (ab)use is not in spex anyway :)

Problem seems to be more in fact that there is no good freecarving-oriented boot with spring system available. Of course you can modify existing ones (Deeluxe and ???)....

I like a stiff boot(Burton Fire was my favorite) but the springs in deeluxe boots jam and sometimes dont move at all what happens is the"tube" part rubs the spring and tend to pick up dirt and stuff causing more friction

WD 40 helps but is not a cure all

the shell is too damn soft as well anyone with the old WC Cateks knows what I mean

Originally posted by bobdea

what happens is the"tube" part rubs the spring and tend to pick up dirt and stuff causing more friction

WD 40 is not really a lube, it's really just a cleaner. You seek White Lithium Grease, bobdea-san. In a spray-can, in any hardware store.

If you want to do freecarving, then it is not suitable for many riders (due to too hard spring and limited range of movement), but such (ab)use is not in spex anyway

The spring system "gives" way more than the conventional plate, in my opinion. In fact I know riders that have exchanged the spring system for the conventional Raichle 5 hole plate for a stiffer forward flex.

Davo

I like a stiff boot(Burton Fire was my favorite) but the springs in deeluxe boots jam and sometimes dont move at all what happens is the"tube" part rubs the spring and tend to pick up dirt and stuff causing more friction

the shell is too damn soft as well anyone with the old WC Cateks knows what I mean

On my Raichle 224's, I replaced the 5 position lean adjuster with the RAB spring system. I also replaced the stiff spring with a much softer spring.

On my front boot, I removed the brass tube and lubed the bolt with white grease. Now the RAB never jams :D I don't need any forward lean on my front boot. Because I've got a bit of forward lean adjusted into my back boot, that RAB doesn't jam either.

With the mods, I think the Raichle boots are GREAT.

what drives me nuts is that minor tweaks to these boots could be made that would make the boot amazing for one the heel and toe pads that have sucked since the mid 90s the idea some of the of the weak points of the older boots made it into the newer boots just is insane to me

as far as putting in the five position FLAD <---- at least thats what Burton would call it

the race tongues were a better answer for me because I could always loosen the springs up if things get choppy though Burton did a better job of incorperating springs into their boot and they had done this way way back too hell they even had a four position lean system WITH springs

not really a big deal untill I wanted to not have to dig in my pocket then fiddle with my boots when riding with my friend and have them get all fussy about having to wait for me

• 1 month later...

cant connect to that site

Links do it perfectly right to me, the first link takes about 120 seconds time to download the full picture, the second one about 5 seconds. (I have a broadbandinternetconnection by my tvcablesupplier).

Otherwise you can try this one: http://www.f2-snow.ru You can find the links there too. You must have some patience, it's a russian site.

Greets, Hans.

Seems/look like F2 is going to do some things for Deeluxe?

Any one do know something about this?

From the text on this russian site I understand, that this company is just distributor of F2 and Deeluxe products. So, no, F2 is not going to do anything for Deeluxe.

Vahur,

not uses babelfish, learned 8 years Russian.