Note to New Members ×

hyarc anybody

carvingchef

I picked up a hyarc snowboard a while ago from ebay, I never used it and it's still new, I believe Tex has one unless he sold it recently, I would like to find out who else has one of these and if anybody ever rode one I would like to know what set-up you used, boots, bindings, angles and your opinion on how it rides

and if you have any video of somebody riding one it would be great to watch it.

here are a couple of pics of mine, the base picture shows how much it can bend, don't be afraid to show pictures of yours

post-6353-14184226041_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842260411_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sorry. :lol:

actually the board is made to bend like that, or maybe I should have used the word twist or pivot, the two small boards are attached by the metal piece on the top so that you can change the radius while riding (if you know how) at least I think that was the idea, I just want to hear from other people who rode the board or have seen it in action before I attempt anything stupid

1st, don't ever call that thing a snowboard.

2nd, notice that both front and back boards have their own sidecuts - that is, they both have a waist with wider tip and tail. So at some specific degree of pivot, those two sidecuts will line up and the board will carve.... creating the illusion that the inventor's idea actually works.... which it doesn't.

1st, when I called this thing a snowboard it was not my intention to offend anybody, it looks like a board (or 2) and it's meant to go on snow so I didn't know what else to call it, if anybody knows the BOL politically correct name for this thing, please let us know.

2nd, I don't know who invented that thing or what his idea was, let alone if it works or not, opinions and theorys are always welcome, however, I was really looking for some feedback from someone who actually have experience riding that snow....thing so that if someday I decide to try it I will be more informed and prepared.

I'd love to give it a whirl, but alas, I don't have any sort of experience on something like that. Just take 'er slow and easy. After snowboarding for a few years you should know how to fall without hurting yourself, so if you get into trouble just bail. I'm not sure about the bindings that go on it because it almost look like those mounts are smaller than most binding mounting plates... Cateks maybe? TDs?

if anybody knows the BOL politically correct name for this thing, please let us know.

Crap is "politically correct" term if I recall correctly.

Tex's inspired me to do some reading. There's a reason the occasional person has one, but always says "I've never tried to ride it" or "I've tried to ride it, but not more than once" There are no positive experiences on the thing, but that doesn't matter. Ignore Mr. Mick-Odd's (does that get your goat when people pronounce it like that? It's me-show, right?) snowboard snobbery, it's a pretty funky piece of equipment, and if it worked, it would be very intriguing. Go out and ride the baby! It's gotta be a blast to figure out, and who knows, you just might like it.

Since you actually feel like talking about the thing.. What are the linkages on the rear binding? Mind taking some pictures of those? I've never noticed them.

I set mine up to ride then thought the better of it - I'm pretty sure I'm over the weight limit. I think Bryan (oldsnowboards) has the whole history of these beasts if you want - search old hyarc threads I think it's in there somewhere.

I am selling mine to a member here and hopefully we will have video of the hilarity that follows...

What are the linkages on the rear binding? Mind taking some pictures of those? I've never noticed them.

here are some close up of the board-bindings connection.

the mounting plates have a standard 4 holes pattern

I think the purpose of the wires is to make both pieces move together at the same angle from the center of the metal bar.

sooner or later I'll try this thing and I'll probably use TD1s and hardboots

I just want to hear from people who used it, videos would be great

post-6353-141842260425_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842260426_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842260428_thumb.jpg

I've seen someone riding a hyarc and it's no easy task. He was using a soft setup which I'm convinced was the 2nd mistake; the 1st being attempting to ride it.

The exessive elevation combined with "touchy" pivot system makes for a very unforgiving ride.

I'm buying Tex's hyarc and will post a full review with pics after I get it on the snow. Plan on using 13yr old Nitro stepins as they are low profile & quite stiff thus removing any slop between my foot and the hardware:eplus2:

1st, when I called this thing a snowboard it was not my intention to offend anybody,

naw, I was just trying to be funny.

it looks like a board (or 2) and it's meant to go on snow so I didn't know what else to call it, if anybody knows the BOL politically correct name for this thing, please let us know.

piece of sh!t.

I searched some old threads and I found a lot of staff, mostly photos and more opinions, but I also found this link http://www.designnews.com/article/7610-Designer_s_corner.php

which kind of explains the idea behind it, though I cant imagine a novice using this thing and linking turns in a matter of hours.

I'm going to wait for b0ardski to try it out and write a review

Hi B0ardsky

this is all measured by hand:

overall lenght 160 (i have another 160 cm. board and side to side they stand at the exact same hight)

front section:

nose 23.7

waist 22.3

tail 23.4

effective edge 72

rear section:

nose 22.5

waist 21.5

tail 22

effective edge 59

there is absolutely no camber, it is totally flat, except tips and tails of course, though the rear section has almost no tail and a small nose, the front section has very small tail and average nose

hope this helps

post-6353-141842260481_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842260482_thumb.jpg