Note to New Members ×

amazing dreams!

CarvCanada

Does anyone here make major skill advancements in their dreams? Every night I think I must carve for about 1 hour! I actually start out by warming up and everything, then I start to hit the slopes hard and learn!

It seems I always have very realistic physics, except time goes by slower and there's lower gravity.

I guess it helps that I am entirely consumed and obsessed with Alpine Snowboarding and think about it all the time. I have many times gotten spine shivers looking at my boards propped on the wall in the off-season.

I started to add in grabs to my carves and when I transition now, my outside hand comes down to grab my outside edge to give great rotation! Skill advancedment happens especially the night after a hard day of carving, and the next day I rip harder!

You know what, I have the same experience. It's great, but sometimes so annoying because I can't fall asleep. You are right though, it helps my technique because the next day I try what I dreamed and it works. I also get it with other activities like work and such, which keep me up all night too. It sucks when you can't get something out of your mind that you don't want there.

odd...I dont think Ive ever dreamed about snowboarding!

MANY dreams about skating though, usually involving pools and snake runs, and Im...just...top notch!

me personally, I think if you can dream it then you can do it. within the bounds of physics of course.

when I was a kid...bout 16...I spent all day at a friends halfpipe trying to learn frontside rock n rolls. not the most advanced trick but definitely not easy...

so tried all day, couldnt do it...went home and dreamt it. came back the next day and stuck the first one and every one thereafter with style and skill

Guest Pre School Rider

My wife did that (kept kicking me at night,too!) for two months right after a solid season of riding. The next season,she took two laps on the bunny slope to warm up,and then proceeded to an Expert trail.Previously,she had been only on steeper Intermediate slopes. She rode that black diamond without a hitch,first day back out! I was very suprised,and more so when she said it was because of her dreaming of riding! :confused: So,I guess it works.:cool: I have to put it into the 'subliminal effect' category,kinda like self-hypnotism. Visualise it,Believe it,and it can happen!

Guest Paul Brabenec

PSR, please dream you're giving me a lesson!:D

Last summer I worked on riding a long skateboard with technique I wanted to transfer to the snowboard. I had a long-standing habit of "sitting" on the heel turn, with problems completing the turn powerfully. So on the longboard I concentrated on keeping the butt up and leaning more bodily. Right away on the snowboard, the heel turn caught up to the toe turn and I could handle much steeper terrain.

Guest Pre School Rider

Yup,I'm dreaming of my Clients,Lining up to pay for me,and themselves,to get a Heli :cool: up to some deep freshies somewhere NorthWest of here ;) !! I think I'll sleep Very well tonite..:D

About that, anyway. My wierdest dreams are after rock climbing, just as I fall asleep. As you reach for that last hold and slip, then you have the falling experience. Wakes you RIGHT up! I don't know why I haven't recently had any snowboarding dreams 'cause I'm so obsessive about it awake!