Note to New Members ×

Head or Raichle

Bobby Buggs

What boot do you choose  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What boot do you choose

The latest modifications are translated (page 20)

There is also a link to an english pdf file on page 18. http://carvingspot.free.fr/download/montage_ACSS_en.pdf

Poll : Head are better for me.

- Better liner, warm, comfortable, with better feet holding.

- Shorter shell for the same mondo size = less overhanging.

- More accurate boots, giving better transmission of forces to the board / edge.

- Better tuning capabilties ;)

Hi, Arnaud. Just interested with what type of Raichle/Deeluxe boot you are comparing your Head's with? Because I have good experiences about tuning my Deeluxe boots also.

I posted this because I noticed some people using the Head boots having the same issues in technique, especially on heelside turns. Unless you are a Monster Those boots are WAY too stiff to ride the low angulation style taught by the Carve father. We tried to teach some people on those boots a few weeks ago and you could see them struggle just to get the right body position because the boot would not let them.I saw people having a tough time getting the back hip around. They seem to put you in the back seat and dont allow you to get forward causing many to get stuck in their carves. My NON expert opinion of what I saw.

Im sold on the flex cuff of Raichle. Yeah the buckles are not pretty but I rode a pair of 224s in walk mode for 5 years without an issue and now Im on the Lemans with BTS. Never a buckle issue in my 7 years on Raichle.

Just interested with what type of Raichle/Deeluxe boot you are comparing your Head's with?

I compare with old Raichle 12x, 32x but also Le Mans and Suzuka. Never tried recent Track.

Riding the EC style with low angles (45-46° rear), shell size and overhanging are the main problem for me. The rest depends on your feet shape and personal feeling.

Those boots are WAY too stiff to ride the low angulation

You are right. This is the reason I started in Head tuning :)

• 2 weeks later...

What model of ski boots are working for you?

I really like my Rossi Axium ski boots, but that's pretty much as useful as a crockpot of sh...poop, being that I've never been on real boots. But I can carve better than I would think that I could, they are comfortable, and they were 60 bucks brand new, no complaints here.