Note to New Members ×

front binding angle keeps creeping up

queequeg

My front binding keeps creeping up in angle. I like it set at 65, but sometimes it will work its way up to 70/75 throughout the course of a day. What does this mean? Is there a way to stop it? Im riding cateks.

I do seem to be a bit more comfortable when it is near 70, but I think that is too high for the width of my board. I used to ride really high binding angles in the past but I've been giving the wider board thing a shot. (for me 19.5 is wide).

what model?

if it's pre OS2 then tighten the pins more if it's the OS2 then you want to tighten the set screws more.

Thanks Bob - OS2 ... I will try and tighten the set screws more, but I am worried about damaging them as I am already pushing them pretty hard.

Thanks Bob - OS2 ... I will try and tighten the set screws more, but I am worried about damaging them as I am already pushing them pretty hard.

mine don't creep as there are divot on that little piece now

I don't use them much though, in fact they have not come out this year

however I have not had the issue with the FR2s which are the same in that respect and I have put time in on those this year.

Upgrade to the higher race model ?

Sometimes we progress to a point that our gear wears out and we need to amp it up a bit.

The toebail ramps on my TD2's slide a few mm and I have to re adjust them every 10 runs or so, and I feared stripping the set screws.

A small spot of RED LOCTITE under the bracket did the trick, but don't use it in the threads, jus between the metal on metal plate and bail mount, or in your case, the head of the screw and the metal baseplate may help.

My front binding keeps creeping up in angle. I like it set at 65, but sometimes it will work its way up to 70/75 throughout the course of a day. What does this mean? Is there a way to stop it? Im riding cateks.

I do seem to be a bit more comfortable when it is near 70, but I think that is too high for the width of my board. I used to ride really high binding angles in the past but I've been giving the wider board thing a shot. (for me 19.5 is wide).

Are you using the elastomers under that set plate as opposed to under the mounting disc?

You can also take a tube of shoe goo- smear some on your finger and rub it around the plate and under the set screw in that track to rubberize it to increase friction.. not a thick layer ... just as thin as you can make it. You shouldn't have to do it.

I haven't had mine slip and I've been hammering mine. But if you rode a few times with them loose.. you may have reduced teh grip.

________

Ford Duratec Engine Picture

Hrrm, elastomers are underneath everything, between board and metal.

Your suggestion that I might have ridden with them loose and screwed things up seems like it could be a plausible explanation. I will try cranking them down and putting some kind of shoe-goo in there for added friction - good idea.

Thanks!

My front binding keeps creeping up in angle. I like it set at 65, but sometimes it will work its way up to 70/75 throughout the course of a day. What does this mean?

I do seem to be a bit more comfortable when it is near 70.

I've got to ask...

If you are comfortable at 70, but think you are supposed to ride at 65...only to have the bindings creep back to 70. It would seem to me that your style of riding is dictating binding angles. why fight that?

That said, no binding should move during the course of a day. Definitely check the way you are setting it up. Ride safe!

I've got to ask...

If you are comfortable at 70, but think you are supposed to ride at 65...only to have the bindings creep back to 70. It would seem to me that your style of riding is dictating binding angles. why fight that?

That said, no binding should move during the course of a day. Definitely check the way you are setting it up. Ride safe!

(I think) what is doing it is that I tend to rotate a lot on heelside turns to get myself almost looking into the pin-center of my arc. I am thinking about buying a narrower board for next year, otherwise I would probably just leave it at 70, because I agree, that my body seems to be telling me something. Just seems that 65 is probably the highest I can go without any ill-effects of lost leverage on my current board. I'm not uncomfortable at 65, but 70 seems even more natural.