How much do you make a year?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you make a year?

• less than 30,000
    • 30,000 to 50,000
    • 50,000 to 100,000
    • 100,000 to 150,000
    • over 150,000 I change my boards like I change my underwear

You might want to factor in lifestyle too! Someone who is married with 2 kids and makes 100g's might have the same expendable income as a single guy making 40g's....

However my quiver is a little bloated but I also traded alot boards over the years to build up to this. I also dont pass on great deals when they come around.

7 Tankers...

6 Alpine decks...

4 sets of td2's...

3 sets of boots...

:o

damn right!

I had quite the quiver on about 20 grand

How could you afford to use them? Lift tickets aren't cheap. I also pay about 15 dollars in gas to get to the closest slope. Now I'm sure I'm not the only one that heats up a can of chef-boy-r-d on the defrost on the dash board, so food isn't a factor, but unless you live with your parents that isn't going to cut it.

How could you afford to use them? Lift tickets aren't cheap.

I make a pretty decent wage but hate to pay for lift tickets. I am 39 and have coached/taught for the past 20 years or so which means free tickets and a paycheck for all that time. Granted, I live/ride in Minnesota, it is still free. I have met enough people in that time that I can get a free tic pretty much anywhere in the midwest. The only time I pay for a lift is when I ride out west. I have about 20 boards (including my kids' boards) and have never ordered a custom one. My gear is getting dated so I will be ordering 2 priors in the next couple of weeks.

"i think money spent on snowboarding has less to do with income and more to with your life situation and priorities."

I believe this is a very insightful statement. Let me add that looks can certainly be deceiving, and possession of material objects is no exception. I see it everywhere - guys driving cars they can't really afford, etc. It's darn near a fact the average American doesn't make good financial decisions - I believe I heard/read the average American is something like 7K in debt (on credit cards alone).

Though I hate to assume, I think it's safe to assume that the range of income levels of BOL members is likely varied - from very low to very high. You may also want to reconsider the question to make it geographically based, perhaps by zip code.

if you gatta axe , you cant a ford it, son.

Its an ELITE sport and dem tix is like $72. Pro form , bro form, what EVA.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2cQGuSu7JU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2cQGuSu7JU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://aboutbuddhists.org/ :rolleyes::nono::D:barf::barf:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6NfQyNLto&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6NfQyNLto&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

you realize that where I live, $150k/yr is poverty level...

edit: 2k, baby! Woo-hoo!

Wait, you live in Teton County, WY too?!? Average home price here was 1.5 million frog skins last I checked, and I quit checking years ago.:barf:

But I got my 480 square feet of handmade log paradise, baby - 3 blocks from a chair lift. Livin' large!!! Woohooo! (yeah, OK - there are dog houses in Jackson larger than my humble abode, but my little cabin is still cool! :1luvu:)

Well I'm lookin in 2 counties for houses right now. The county I currently live in (Wexford) has the average house (something I'm looking for anyways) around 130 to 140k. The county that I work in (Osceola), the same thing goes for around 100k.

Oh, Osceola and Wexford share a border.

Wait, you live in Teton County, WY too?!? Average home price here was 1.5 million frog skins last I checked, and I quit checking years ago.:barf:

But I got my 480 square feet of handmade log paradise, baby - 3 blocks from a chair lift. Livin' large!!! Woohooo! (yeah, OK - there are dog houses in Jackson larger than my humble abode, but my little cabin is still cool! :1luvu:)

Southwestern Connecticut...like skatha said, home of the $1mm fixer-upper.

Median home price around $1.9mm

My 2br Condo cost more than my mom's 125 acre ranch in Texas...

I'd hate to think what a decent home in Simsbury, CT goes for these days. LOL

thats where I grew up. And i know the average home there is about 5000 sq ft.

WE are so poor we can't afford to keep the run down old fixer upper house here in the NH boondocks.

Three good ski areas within half hour. MT Sunapee and lake Sunapee are five minutes.

2800 + sq Ft, five bedrooms $139,900

Anyone want a house in ski country?

oh yeah it is zoned commercial and has 290 ft of st hwy frontage

As to Income........ I can't remember the last time the wife and I could take the whole personal deduction the IRS gives you.

Grandfather Wolf

Can you pick me up a Taos tee-shirt please? If so, I'd like a small :)

Yes, you live in the land of "million dollar fixer-uppers"....

And, as client 10, you would still be employed!

Hey, I still have 3 snowboards and I don't ride anymore, does that count?

woo-hoo, NM this Thursday!

Anybody want a Taos teeshirt?

I have 3 boards

one retired (Flite 162 Asym)

one I'm scared of (Crazy Creek 150)

and

one that I ride as much as I can afford (Coiler RC175)

I want a more all round board shorter than my RC because I spend more time on little hills than big ones and my little 150 just gets me in trouble The X2 and X3 interest me but I'm about to retire so no uber toys until I have a job.

That said my skateboard Quiver is huge 9 boards (Rolling completes) all but two are different styles, I have two DH/speedboards

my neighborhood is mostly blue collar though upscale, still pretty country the house across the street just sole for half a mil