Note to New Members ×

Burner 188 Madd 180

Mr. T

In order to fund a new bicyle frame I gotta thin the herd!

Sims Burner 188: Used but in great shape with a few top sheet nicks and blems, base is also in fine shape. Bought this used a few years back and found the stance to be too narrow for my giant stance. I rode it about three times, spent most of it's life with me with a thick coat of storage way against the wall. Austrian made. Asking $450

Madd 180 : "The Shagmaster" Also used but in great shape, base has seen about 5 days and a wax since a PTC wonder tune, top sheet has areas of inconsistent epoxy on the edges of the topsheet which seems to be consistent with other Madd's I've seen. Shred Grumer custom graphics are pretty classic. Bought this used from Geoff, but it was originally built for Shaggy over at Madd. Asking $550

I tried without success to upload pictures and I nearly dropped my sandwhich. Sorry for the hastle but, please email me for pictures and more info!!! I'll try to get some images compressed tommorrow! Prices do not include shipping. Cheers!!! Tom

regular or brass inserts on the madd? does it have a flex index?

(you answered just as I posted...)

Matt there is no flex's for the 180, they are stiff and ride long (more like a 195) with a 16m elliptical side cut. The 180 is an amazing board, hence you don't see them for sale to often.

Since I have a 180 and a 195 with very similar side cut's I'm debating which one to sell.

It's a shame your selling the 180 Tom, I know you loved it.

Moster Carver: You need to let the 197 open up a bit, and then it turns (almost) on a dime (the swallowtail really does help). The first time I was on mine I was reminded or our standard moto: speed is your friend. (And it seems to me that stance position, more so on the Burner than other boards (IMHO), really affects performance/turniness; I'm set back more so that my other boards, which I generally ride wide/centered.)

Sorry for the delay, the board is really in great shape and I'm pretty sure I can get what I'm asking so I'm holding out, sorry. I may have to wait till fall. Thanks for the offer though. The 188 and 197 burners are pretty different in terms of what it takes to turn them. The 188 rides much shorter, I think, than a non split 88. Much more turny and much less force and speed required to get the 188 to turn. Sort of has the edge initiation of a 178ish length with the edge hold of a 188. The 97 requires much more speed and real estate to initiate and complete a turn, rides more like a 97. If you are having trouble with initiation on the 97 look at perhaps moving bindings more fore on the board, be aggressive with agnulation and pressure when initiating the turn then be patient, it has a big radius, but the more you can decamber the board the faster it will repond.