Note to New Members ×

Mondo sizing for Head boots

tahoecarver

No one seems to have half sizing for the Head boots I want, just full sizes. I wear a 26.5, and on-line retailers only have 26 and 27 available. Can someone recommend a size for me, since I can't try these on? Can I go with a 26 and just hope for sufficient packout? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

tahoecarver,

i was in the same situation this season. i wear 29.5, actually measure really, really close to 30.0. after much debate, i ordered the 29.0. i wore them for 4 nights on the carpet, watching tv. my feet killed!! i'd put in my 29.5 liners from my old boots (upz) or my ski boots, and my feet would feel much better.

the liners aren't moldable around the toes, just the ankles, so i knew molding them wasn't going to help with the length. finally, sick of wearing them in the house, i rode them for a day. they still felt too short, but not bad while riding. i think it took about 5 or 6 days for them to stop hurting my toes. longer than i expected, but they will pack out. not a lot, but enough so they aren't uncomfortable.

hope this helps.

-trent

I have a pair of 26.5 in head Stratos- the softer version of the stratos pro.. I was never able to feel good in the stratos pro which at least for me was way too stiff.. if you weigh over 235lbs the stratos pro is a better choice.

I just replaced my boots with 27.5 Head vectors with the foamable Stroltz liners so if you want the shells of the 26.5 drop me an email at my name @ yahoo.com I needed a larger size to fit the liners.

I have a new set of stock liners for them..but IMHO just chuck them... replace them with decent heat moldables or stroltz.

________

GLASS BONG

I have not foamed the strolz yet.. going to do that later this week. I have no doubt it will work well. Ray convinced me on this one... the liners just seem very well made with dense foam.. The issue I had with some liners is under a lot of force of a carved turn...my foot would swim as the foam compressed- particularly if I hit chop mid carve.

So I got the softest Head Boots I could find- the Vectors (With cheapo plastic buckles and a questionable walk ride switch.. but I think with the strolz they will work well. I'm not worried at all about the decision. I was using Diabello liners for a bit and under force...my foot could rotate- BAD...very warm though and if you were using them for teaching.. they would be nice.

The Strolz liners will definitely make a boot feel stiffer. And after sticking my hand into a molded liner...I seriously doubt my foot would rotate laterally in them even under G's in chop.

________

Toyota gtv history