Note to New Members ×

¿Hardboots vs. Softboots?

GStam93

My hard boots are black and yellow and my soft boots are grey and yellow.:biggthump

I'm on about my 18th day in hardboots and am starting to think I will eventualy like them better for everything. They are also more comfy than my soft boots and I haven't even had them properly fit yet.

If you search the term "soft boots" you should get any number of threads that will answer your question.

Are you in the North East?

GStasm93,

It looks as though you are relatively new to this site. If I were you I would look at the sidebar links and begin to search this site on the technical differences between soft and hard riding. I'm not sure if you want this or to just start yet another discussion on hard vs. soft boot riding which ofcourse has been discussed to death on this site. Look at some of the technical atricles that have been written and also visit the new rider page. I bet those pages will be more than adequate for you to make your own judgement between hard and soft riding.

Good Luck

almost anything that can be done on hardboots, can be done on soft boots and vice versa. Some aspects of snowboarding are easier to do with different types of boots.

Hardboots make it easier to carve, and from what I heard, make a softboot snowboarder into a better rider. Soft boots are generally for park but a good snowboarder can carve hard in soft boots but it takes more skill. You can go to the park with hardboots, but the lack of flex give you little room for error.

both are good for powder riding with the right board.

Thats the basic jist. Correct me if I'm wrong.