Note to New Members ×

08-09 SG Sneak Peak

svr

Attended SBJ here in Japan yesterday and thought I would share the photos of the SG boards for next year (look an awful lot like shred's schtubbys). Sorry the quality is not very good, but pics were taken from my phone and sorry, I did not get any specs for the boards either.

post-420-141842251329_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842251332_thumb.jpg

See the pic, nuf said... Do I need to add an ancient Nidecker too? Those were almost noseless.

Anyways, I don't see any reason, whatsoever, why a freecarve stick wouldn't have a nice long nose for slush/soft versatility.

The tip of the board has reverse camber (like some powder skiis or Banana Tech) but only the tip from mid tip back there is normal camber. The pre camber makes every ting Good...... So the tip glides into the carve at the begging or the turn and then releases and bounces to help disapate energy, through the cambered part of the board.To the sick tapered tail.

I think yout board pictured is a Vokal

Most of those boards are coming to OES, should be fun.

I had my 4 year old on the purple one today (in socks on the carpet). She smiled and said, "Daddy is that my board" One small tear in my eye.

Bordy, ok concede the point. I just remember Shred talking about mystery noses years ago. I thought his plans may have superseded Kessler (Who I assume you're calling Big K). No matter, Shred is far from done with his science fair projects.

His next board supposedly floats above the snow and doesn't even have a nose.....darned rocket scientists.

Most of those boards are coming to OES, should be fun.

I had my 4 year old on the purple one today (in socks on the carpet). She smiled and said, "Daddy is that my board" One small tear in my eye.

Bordy, ok concede the point. I just remember Shred talking about mystery noses years ago. I thought his plans may have superseded Kessler (Who I assume you're calling Big K). No matter, Shred is far from done with his science fair projects.

His next board supposedly floats above the snow and doesn't even have a nose.....darned rocket scientists.

Flat nose.

How about lunch trays made in the early 90's they hat flat tip and tails.

I spent alot of time speaking with shred about nose shape at ECES a few years back.

I can assure you Shred (and Bruce) were still learning about nose shape and camber profile then. Plus the amount of questions I answer for board builders is huge so I would say I have a great realationship with all of them, and know where they are currently as well as previously.

Well me and Bordy arn't dating or anything like that.........doh!..:eek::1luvu::ices_ange:rolleyes:

Yep we discussed lunch trays and what not..

Always learning and Implementing new things.. some are good for free carving and some are not good for PGS..

Im not racing.. so my main focus is on making a board that is so easy to ride... it just rides all by itself.. The new Schtubby.. is about as close as it gets to that( so far.:rolleyes:), but thats what I got out of it for my riding..

Some people like work.. I don't..:freak3:

Now.. back to my lunch tray.. You'll see.. its all fun and laughter now....and then........

Ride on Said Shred

Well me and Bordy arn't dating or anything like that.........doh!..:eek::1luvu::ices_ange:rolleyes:

Ride on Said Shred

If we were Dating I quess that's how I know you are......

Oh wait that would mean I am too.........

Arggggghhhhhh..........

Never Mind:biggthump

Billy are you going???

Will sure miss.. thats How I know you are....hehehe..

Shred Said Go..

Billy say go also, :D

However hardbooter(dot)com's current level of debt says no go......:nono:

Maybe next time......:confused:

Get kicked out of some place for me!:eplus2:

Kirk,

Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

I rode that old Original Sin (dynastar )165 the blue/black one (with plates of course) with the silly big nose & tail.

Many lopped off the excess but I thought it worked great in pow, like a front handbrake, just push down on the nose to slow it down.It threw a massive wake off the tail too.

Now I have a Coiler with the schtubby almost no nose, same blue/black flamish graphix as the OSin.

http://www.snowboarding.com/products03/jan03/dynastar.html

• 4 weeks later...