Note to New Members ×

>>> Virus Tantalus Team Edition 175 <<<

eaglez

SOLD!! I have a Virus Tantalus Team Edition 175 for sale. It is a 2005 model. I am 6'1'' and about 220 pounds. This board provides a very snappy, lively ride and takes all the ice and crud you throw at it. It has huge 1" camber. The waist is 17.5cm. Sidecut is variable as are all Virus boards. The base condition is perfect. It has a thick coat of storage wax on it right now. The topsheet is 99%. There is a 1/4 cm nick near the Virus logo on the edge of the board. Hardely noticable and certainly not affecting performance or longevity of the board in any way. The topsheet looks unridden. I loved riding this board but I need to sell it to fund another project. (OS1 Long SI's not included)

Paypal is the only form of payment. I have extensive large value sales in my feedback on ebay. My ID is q107 if you want to check it out. Shipping/insurance should be in the $75 range to North America the way this board will be packed.

>>Update<<

$ Reasonable offers being considered......... USD.

Thanks for your attention.:biggthump

post-640-141842251313_thumb.jpg

When you get narrow like this (17.2 cm) it also depends on the boots. UPZ is considerably shorter in sole length for a given boot size, Head and Raichle are longer. With Raichles I need 67 and 63 degrees.

As above I'm 29.5 mondo in a Deeluxe Indy... I normally ride 60* / 60*... think they'd fit? (sounds like I'd need to go higher like you did as Raichle and Deeluxe are the same thing - I think?)

I'm also wondering with the eliptical sidecut - how does this sort of Virus ride in terms of turning tightness...? I'm running a Coiler 184 PR for a long board and thinking of another that is more turny for crowded days...

I appreciate your patience and input. Thx

With those boots I'd say you'd be closer to 70 degrees than 65 on the front, and a few less on the back. Livable for sure, but steeper than 60. Maybe eaglez can mock it up to see exactly what angles are needed, maybe I'm on the high side, but for sure 60 won't work. You'll be dragging the toe of your rear foot on toeside turns.

If you wanted to guess at an "equivalent" sidecut for this board, it's probably in the 11m range, but it turns tighter and rides bigger depending on the rider input.

Hey Chris, thanks for the answers to the questions posted so far. I appreciate it. I will put the bindings at 70 and 65 and post a pic later tonight. My boots are Raichle AF600ts from a few years back. I think the shell of skidad's Indy's is exactly the same.

D.:biggthump

So $1000 is too much for this board? Can't fault me for trying......:ices_ange

If anyone is interested in this awesome work of art, PM me a reasonable offer and I will let you know. If the offers are not in the price range that I am looking for, I will just keep the board and enjoy it.

Thanks

If you haven't owed and ridden a Virus, you owe it to yourself to get one. They don't come up for sale very often compared to other boards. And they are in the $2000 range new. So save yourself some $$$ and grab this one.

You won't be dissappointed! Do a search on Virus boards on BOL. Listen to what other owners are saying and why they are hooked on VIRUS!

Send me your offer, there is a good chance I will take it.

I would say

• craftsmanship
  • performance
  • R&D

materials

I just wish I could get on one to rpove to myself what I think they can do. If I werent heading to ECES to demo some boards, I may have made an offer adn will keep it in mind.

I would second what Chubz said above. Do a search on Virus boards on BOL and take a look at what people write about them.

There are several threads going on and on about how awesome these boards are. I am one of the infected and would never go back. I bought my phantom 182 right hear and love it. Money well spent in my opinion.:lol:

X2 for Thor. He went through like 40 boards the last two years, and he's down to six. I know for a fact at least 5 of them are Viruses. Hell, he picked up a Virus alpinepunk at SES. Told me it would replace 2 other boards. If anybody has been bitten by the Virus, it's Stan. And, this man KNOWS his s**t.

Been lurking too much on this forum. Interested on this board and sent you a pm

Ya, I got your message. However, I have no experience sending to Greece. I am not sure I am comfortable doing that without some advice from others who were successful. This would be the right board for you based on the data you gave me. You didn't make an offer though. Please do it through PM if you are interested.

If anyone can chime in on the Greece shipping, let me know.

The Coiler I just sold went to a guy in Greece. Can't remember his BOL name... It cost me $120.00 to ship to greece via Porolator courier. We use them pretty much exclusivley so I think we get a better deal. Don't waste your time with Canada Post. I went to 2 outlets and they both said the longest package they ship to Greece is 150 cm long.

The guy Paypaled me and everthing seems on the up and up.

First time poster errrrr, I dunno.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get there.

My expirience to date.

Good Luck

K

Guest springer

Hi again

Thanks for the shipping tips big canuck , I have never received such a big item from Canada before. Do you remember if it was delayed a lot through Greek customs? I believe it won t be here before the short Greek snowboard period ends ...

I know that i am a first time (now second) poster but i can provide to the seller my ebay id (more than 1580 feedback) which can be proved that matches my paypal account .Anyway i ll have to pay first for the board to be sent... I currently run mondo 27 Indys on a 19 waist and use 60/55. I believe it ll fit right ?

Any problems on the topsheet of the board from the Catecs?

I cannot read German from the site so i d like to ask about the construction material specs on this one and the difference of the Team edition makes. Also how many days it has been ridden?

Sent pm with offer.