Note to New Members ×

x-games 12

photodad2001

Ya know, I've been picking up a lot of firefighter vibe from some members here, (lots of guys with lots of midweek time to ride!) I wonder how many folks here are "on the job" ? You're the first I've seen give it away.( Maybe I'll start a poll, demographics intrigue me!) on topic, yeah course was alllllll about ratings, like watching nascar!

I would have thought they would have at least radioed to the top to let the competitors in the following heets, but it seemed like they were just going to let it continue. Ratings.

Agreed, these guy don't give **** about the athletes as long as it sells. I've kinda hated the x games for a long time. I really don't like anything with a x in it that has no reason to be there. If I see anything on TV with a x in the title I expect titties not snowboarders or skiers.

The problem as i see it, and I've said this elsewhere before, is that they don't build separate cross courses for the boarders and skiers. The hits on the snowboard course are too big and the design all wrong for the speeds the skiers hit them at...with all that X-Games sponsor money you'd think they could afford to build separate courses...and nobody is even mentioning this as far as i can tell. :rolleyes:

That fall wasn't the worst of them. The carnage during the semis was unbelievable. I think in the semi that knocked Karine Huttary senseless, four of the six wrecked spectacularly on the last jump, and the mens event wasn't any better. There was a cam in the back of the last jump, and you could see nearly everyone launching and losing it in the air.

I'm pretty sure that in the last of the semis and the finals, there were some people scrubbing speed before they hit that jump. Nuts.

It begs the question of what do you do, though? People are wrecking left right and centre, but how do you fix things once the racing is underway? Changing course layout or the speed of the approaches once the course has been test run would be just as dangerous, if not more, I would think ...

Let us all remember -

The X games are a made for TV event. There is no sanctioning body, other than ESPN. They use good people to run the events, but they are looking for a certain type of entertainment. They want everything to be bigger and harder than anywhere else.