Note to New Members ×

Anyone want or need snow?

C5 Golfer

Please come to the PNW and haul it away-- that is what the Washington Department of Transportation would like. They are having to truck it off the mountain cuz they are out of places to move or store it, plus it is so high in some areas the snow blowers cannot blow it high enough. We have 3 main ski/snowboard areas around Seattle area and we have had highways used to get there closed due to tooooooo much snow 50% of the time, 2 of the main highways are closed again today due to avalanches so the ski areas can not open. At the Snoqualmie pass area which is only 3000 feet elevation I think they are at 32 feet so far. Mount Baker I heard is possibly on track to break a 1997? Record of 96 feet - yes 96 feet of snow! This morning they got 10” from 6 am to noon and it is still coming down with no stopping in sight for the next week. This is unbelievable quality snow too – it is like Utah soft stuff and bottomless leastwise at Crystal Mt area. Enough already! :D

95" of new in 7 days at Stevens Pass Ski area

I was going to head up tonight but no luck, pass closed. The only day I can go too. Effin A.

would this help the global warming thing with the ice caps melting?????

I think there is more to climate change than just global warming, but that discussion should happen in a different forum, preferably not on BOL as I think there is a lot of emotion around it.

We are also getting stupid quantities of snow, even here on coastal mountains. It's been sticking to the streets for more then 2 weeks now, which is very unusual for Vancouver.

I only had few real carving days, the rest was all pow or tracked/bumped fresh. All I ride are my pow boards. Even bought a new one today ;)

Saturday night the 9th of Feb,, all three highways to the east are still closed. Only way to east is to drop down to Oregon ,go east for a while then head back north, adds about 4 hours to the drive.

This suxcks... But the good part is Crystal Mt is open and they have had 10 feet of snow in 2 weeks. :biggthump

We've been having a similar problem here at the base of Mt. Washington. The only main way out of my area was closed yesterday because of the storm, and in the past 7 days we've gotten close to 3 feet of snow (a good bit of snow for the east). I haven't ridden a snowboard in close to 3 weeks because it's been soft powdery goodness, and thats when the teles come out.

Ship some more of that snow this way Al!