Note to New Members ×

eBay will no longer use Feedback system?

C5 Golfer

How do you feel about eBay's Feedback system?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about eBay's Feedback system?

• I like the Feedback system
    • I am glad it is going away
    • Don't care - not an eBay user

Are you sure they're getting rid of the entire feedback system? I remember reading about some changes to the system for 2008. Read about it here: http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html

I like those changes. They make a lot of sense. If they got rid of the entire feedback system, I think it would be a bad decision for eBay. It's hard to get accountability into such an open system, and I think for some, earning a good feedback rating encourages people to shop/sell more -- kind of like a carrot on a stick.

I do see where they are coming from. My only negative feedback came from a seller with great feedback who forgot to ship half my order(but didn't forget to charge me for it)then he took a week to respond to email. When the rest of my order came it was damaged. It took another week to respond to that email and he never made it right! So when I gave him a negative he gave me 1. He sells so much that negative didn't affect his positive feedback percentage.

But it sure affected mine!

:AR15firin:boxing_sm:flamethro:argue::smashfrea:nono::barf:

This is ludicrous! As a 10 year veteran seller I've had many, irresponsible buyers who didn't follow through and/or left me retaliatory feedback only after I called them out (deserved negative fb for not completing the sale).

This makes it open game for buyers to bid and not follow through since they have no fear of an infringed record.

Things should stay the same - I can compliment a buyer on speedy payment or I can let others know this guy's a deadbeat.

This is the first I've heard of the new policy and I will certainly investigate. I'm thinking as I'm typing this I bet there will still be a policy that if a buyer doesn't complete the sale, repeatedly cancels bids, etc he will be suspended and in that case I suppose it won't be a big deal.

Great, so now there isn't much of a reason for people to bid on items and not follow thru....

Yeah, see that was my point - the buyer has no accountability in that and we accept the risk of deadbeatedness (a new word).

I'm a reputable seller and have never misdealt a buyer but many have done it to me. And why should I have to take the heat for all the bad sellers that have given them cause to to this?

Wahhhh,,,I'm going to go have a Guiness,,who's with me?

E-bay's whole buying process is (or SHOULD be) fairly straightforward.

I guess I wouldn't mind the removal of these (seller -> buyer) negative

feedback comments, so long as e-bay started taking swift action when a seller complaint/no pay

is filed. Three 'no-pays' and buyer should get booted off the e-bay island... Yeah..

Have meet some shady sellers, but luckily, I have not yet had any dead-beat bidders

My vote goes to THIS GUY for the most creative buyer feedback...