Note to New Members ×

Opinions requested

Bobby Buggs

I like both the skull and the reaper. However, I don't think the two of them go well together because of the different art styles. I would lose the skull and maybe develop the reaper theme on the nose as well. Definitely keep the flames. Is the skull your logo? Maybe you could get that die cut on the base...

This is my artist's Email, r.a.graphicart(at)gmail dot com

His rates are way too cheap for the level of his work. I didnt tell him that but thats how I feel. Please contact him if you are considering a custom top sheet. Im telling you he will work his ars off to get it the way you want and quick.

Thanks for the input, its exactly what I was looking for. When you work on something like this for a long time you lose objectivity.

Here is what we came up with for a final,

Please comment

evil_snowboard_redo16.jpg

http://www.evilsports.com/gallery/d/1763-1/evil_snowboard_redo16.jpg

holy CRAP, good job. I likes! I really like the reaper on the tail!

Bobby

Echoing what some others have said, go with one version or the other. Cartoony or artsy. I prefer the reaper style. In seeing this work I will be contacting him for some of my skatedeck builds.

Just an idea, I would put a magnified head/hood shot on the nose. Make the hood open just a bit that minimal amount of light creates a faint image of the reapers face (skull) with a little smirk on it.

The smirk can be interpretted as many things, but I would interpret as the reaper loving what he does for a living. What better gig than being the Angel of Death.

Or put the reaper on the nose and place a scrolled document on the tail that has the words "Contract of Soul" with some scribblings and your faint signature at the bottom.

I would also move your logo between the feet, but not where it would be obstructed by a stomp pad.

Just an idea.

The contract idea would be pretty cool, you could even put the specs on it somehow. And I agree with the hooded skull idea. Somehow the skull and the grim reaper just never really tied together with me. It's kinda like you're trying to get too many good ideas in on one board. I can understand your excitement about the individual components of the topsheet, but a little bit says alot, especially with the images you've got goin.

it looks like the clown from IT, but still cool.

I sent your graphic guy an email but havent heard back from him. He ay be busy or I mistyped his address.

Trying to ge some mean a$$ graphics for some or my skate decks I have due to people by spring, but have been riding too much.

I wanna throw som ideas at him if the rate is decent.