Crystal Carvers

Trenchman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the first time I rode a lift with 3 other hardbooters at crystal!

..there were 8 of us all together lapping buck...

Back when I rode Crystal, I do not recall ever seeing another hardbooter. :(

..so I always rode alone.. *sniff*

It is *SO* cool to hear that the Crystal Carving Community is growing!! Rock on guys!! :biggthump

So I went to a wedding saturday with every intention of boarding sunday and then again next weekend. And that's when some friends at the wedding told me that crystal was closing early. So I didn't even get to go. :(

Now I wish the snow would just go away so I can play some damn golf. Or that the hill would open back up again for one last hoorah.

Edit: I just looked at crystals snow report and it looks like they're actually gonna be open next weekend. I hope I was in fact told wrong.

Buck has been good everyday till noon and some days longer. Beware of the group of seniors that refer to us as gougers...they hit me on the helmet with their poles yesterday! When buck starts to get soft I find myself at the Ridge or the North Face, they usually last at least a couple hours longer.

I need to go downstate this weekend:( but I might still be able to ride a couple hours Saturday morning. Unless I go Thursday so I can ride the weekend. :confused:

Growing up I'd go out for the last day of skiing with a huge group of my cousins all around the same age and we would spend the whole day doing whatever we could that we thought would get our passes pulled, and we didn't leave the hill until that happened...man those were some good times.

Today was a little chunky to boilerplate depending on the hill and when it was groomed, but it was alot better than slush! Still seems to be a decent base, except for some minor brown spots. Buck had the best groom today, Loki was a little too chunky for my liking.

I will be in line at the buck lift before 9. Looking forward to ripping up buck with someone for a change!:D

I was just looking at the webcam 2 seconds ago and it was calling my name so loudly that I'm afraid that somebody in the office is gonna hear it. I soo wish I could carve buck. But I do so awesome on cheers it's hard to even try other stuff. Cheers and the vanity run on the north face are my two favorite carving runs.

Is anybody else thinking of doing the Nastar on saturday? I figured if I was doing well then I might just have to spend the cashola and see what I'm made of. I have to believe I'd be up near the top; at least for snowboarders anyway.

So some of my old SugarLoaf pals told me a bunch of them will be on the hill for the closing day. I do miss that hill! No holds barred on Sunday ...First to get their pass pulled will become the hillside Grillmaster and have rein of the beer cooler!

Finally 100 posts....and it only took me 3 years!

It was gorgeous on the hill today. The front side got soft by noon and the North face stayed nice much longer.:lurk:

I was boarding with another hardbooter that had a new heel bail made up at a local welding shop. He was playing hooky from work :eek:

I heard that Sunday will be a Telemark demo day with boots and skis available from 2 different shops. I've always wanted to try...sounds like my chance!:biggthump

WOW, I have had so much fun riding with everyone I have seen on the hill this year!:lurk:

The last weekend of fun was a perfect close to an awesome season:biggthump

Pat, It was a pleasure riding with you and Tim, hopefully we can find each other on the slopes next season.:D

Pebu, too bad we couldn't hook up more often on the hill, but it was fun while it lasted! :biggthump

I raced NASTAR on the closing day after I saw a hardbooter setting the course. At least four of us raced. :flamethro(I smoked them all)

There were many old asyms on the hill yesterday, most with 2 strap bindings.:smashfrea

All in all it was a perfect ending to an awesome season. Hopefully next year will be just as fun!

Have a safe and eventful summer, I'll see ya when the snow flies!

Yeah, I've kinda neglected my boards toward the end of the season. I'm not proud to say it.

I'm sure I still wouldn't have been platinum, but still.

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=results&page=comp&compid=650299

The second run I was .16 away from silver. I thought I really messed up cause around 3 or 4 I accidentally got my ass way over so I burnt alot of speed in that turn, then I took the next gate about 10 feet wide. Third run I got a good start and felt good, but 3rd to last gate or so I put up on edge just a hint too early and ended up heading straight for the gate. So a little side step and I got around that one, but I ended up just about stuffing the nose at the finish line (riding flat) so that explains that score.

But I got bronze and it was my first ever race, so I was fairly happy.

Tele-ing was pretty fun too. Actually linked a couple turns.

Looking forward to seeing everybody on opening day.

• 2 weeks later...