Crystal Carvers

Trenchman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awful quiet on the Crystal front... Cleb, been out there? Knoch, did you make it last weekend?

I didn't make it. I was out of town most of saturday and sunday you can chalk up to laziness for the most part. I am anxious to try out my new physics though.

I was talking about this coming weekend. I'll be out there for sure at least one day this weekend. But I have no idea when because i'll have to get a ride from someone. I'm coming down from Houghton and getting dropped off at my families place up there.

My bad. I'd imagine I'll be out there both days. The family I usually board with (they ski) has a kid who works till 4 or so, so they usually don't get there till 5:30 or 6. I think I'm gonna try to get there early at least one of the days though. I'll make it known when I plan on headin out there.

Alright, I always keep my eye open for booters anyway. I'll be bright green and on a black and red nitro most likely. Probably going down cheers or the north face. I'm not much on the steeps yet. I can't grow the balls to get my lean downhill. It's funny how you need to lean downhill in order to check your speed...:smashfrea

I left home on last Tuesday in route to ECES:lurk:. We took the car to the shop on Friday in Boston and it still isn't ready!:eek::freak3::smashfrea:barf: So I borrowed my brothers car and drove up to Stowe last night. :ices_ange Got on the hill today ...conditions were rainy:confused:, sleety,:( snowy,:) foggy,:confused: and pretty wet too.:freak3: Tomorrow is retro day and I have come prepared with the neon one piece and lib tech inner course:eplus2::biggthump.

I am going to Maine for a week after eces:D so I will get back on the 17th. Hope we still have snow when I get there.:nono::p

• 2 weeks later...

Today was my first day back at Crystal. WOW still 100% open:biggthump

Nice and firm thru the morning softening up a little by noon. Then we got a little sun and the hill went soft quick! I kept hearing skiers curse me for ruining the hill:ices_ange The ruts were only 8-10 inches deep:p I will be there the rest of the week to trench it up!

After being out east I feel like I'm on a mole hill. But at least my legs last all day here!

Hope to see some of you out there:lurk:

Tim

*Grumble grumble grumble*

Gotta do a little binding swapping. I think riding the sl on this stuff is just asking for trouble.

Friday I've got a wedding rehearsal I need to be at. But it is in Charlevoix, so maybe I'll pack my gear and hit it up on the way back. Saturday is my brothers wedding (I'm an usher, otherwise I'd seriously consider not going). I know if I woke up early and got my act together I could get a few hours in before having to go home and get ready. But I also know thats just asking for bad news. So Sunday it is... Given that I'm not too hung over or anything...

I was on the hill from 9-12 this morning. The conditions were nice all over the hill today. Some of the older passholders told me I was ruining buck and to please limit my hill devastation to what I had already ruined:biggthump. They were calling me gouger and rut boy and carver guy. It was alot of fun watching them catch my trenchs.

post-2022-141842254452_thumb.jpg

post-2022-141842254459_thumb.jpg

post-2022-141842254462_thumb.jpg

I've never had anyone at Crystal give me too much trouble about the ruts except Skip, and he was just messin with me when he said something. At Mt.Brighton though, I actually had ski patrol yelling at me, and then they brought the groomer back out and re groomed where i had been. When does Crystal close down for the season anyway?

They were complimenting me too, I think they just wanted a reason to say hi.:cool: Some were asking where I had been, they must recognize my ruts.:ices_ange

This Saturday is passholder appreciation days so each passholder can get a 5$ ticket for a friend... they are still at 100% too.:lurk:

The season is ending at crystal on the 30th of March.:(

Another nice day at the hill today.:lurk: There were four hardbooters there today:eek:, two on coilers, one on a rossi and me on my burton.:1luvu: It was the first time I rode a lift with 3 other hardbooters at crystal!:D The snow held up well thru the day and I found a spot where I can perform the sacred 360 carve at the bottom of loki,:flamethro the lift opps love it.:biggthump

Anyone that wants to ride tomorrow and needs a ticket give me a shout.

Tim

So I got some more mileage out of my retro outfit today. I think I won the contest(maybe the only contestant)

It was a beautiful bluebird day on the hill...and I got lots of compliments on my carving and my outfit. I will be bringing out a carving setup for one of the liftopps to try tomorrow. I'm trying to convert anyone I can!

post-2022-141842254521_thumb.jpg