Note to New Members ×

Utter Bliss to Disgust

Chubz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see you have a blitz as well, hows that ride? sometime btween now and next season im going to look into a GS, and that was on the list

if you're gonna the type of money a pogo will cost you'd probably be better suited for GS on a kessler, there is a reason they are pretty much the only thing racers are on these days

if you're gonna the type of money a pogo will cost you'd probably be better suited for GS on a kessler, there is a reason they are pretty much the only thing racers are on these days

im not looking for a race board, just a GS size board, similar sidecut, etc. i was even thinking about a coiler racecarve. it needs to be and uber carve machine, and pretty huge, because i already have a short board for crowded days

the coiler would have a more simmilar feel to what you ride right now, besides i thought you didnt like the color;)

you should wait till after the ECES to decide on another board. The Blitz would take a lot of getting used to, itll be way more lively and unforgiving than the FP you ride right now, not a good combo when youre thinking about getting your first board with a large sidecut. Bruce's boards are known for being damp, and when tuned for your weight and riding style you should be able to rip with ease on a coiler, rather than meeting frustration for a month or so. The Blitz would take a lot of getting used to. But if you feel its what you really want after this season, then yeah go for it.

R.I.P.

:(

I still miss my first year production K2 fat-Bob board that snapped on a rail back in 1997

ohh man, those boards were nuts

torsionally a noodle making it a wide park machine and a pleasure in pow but not so hot to freeride groom with

Guest DarkClone

Well that is some very interesting damage. Now I have seen boards and skiis destroyed from extreme turning and running into things. But this bad boy from the S. Calif. mountains had one of his priceless wall display boards destroyed from the War Department. (MY BELOVED WIFE) Can you imagine a board dropped from the Stratoshpere and then landing on a small nuclear device ( I was a very bad boy! ) but the mint condition Pure Carve Maverick? She really did it up good. My interest has been piqued, very aggressive, rips, top to bottom? Man I would love to ride with you guys. Out here the cond. have been insane. (Bear Mt. is my home away from home) Exibition is the run and last Wed. before THE storm hit it was as good as anywhere. (Meaning very cold, fast, hard perfectly groomed packed pow) with only a couple skiers and boarders on cafeteria trays to fall to their deaths in the trenches that the F2 177 Speedster leaves. Oh loved what BadBrad said. Well time to put some new heel and toe pieces on the boots. Darkclone out...........

After a bit of research following an inside hint (thanks Chris). Plus I think there may be a link somewhere on BOL. Here is my version of load distribution plates.

Made from lexan 3/16" thick custom cut and drilled. I will let you know how they hold up. Not the prettiest things, but I only had an hour in the garage to make them.

post-1008-141842248197_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842248199_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842248201_thumb.jpg

They worked treemendously, literally.

Well sorta, mix sticky snow (hero), moving back onto my GS form SL, elevated plates, better carving leverage and the board hookin up like beast, sent me out off my toeside, over an embankment and onto a pile a rocks and a pine tree.

JBS had to unclip me because I couldnt reach my boot release. Hate but love the feeling of getting the wind knocked out of me. Couple bruised knees and maybe cracked rib, but all in all they worked great.

Off to the design board to make some better sets.

Felt better today, probably just bruised. but yeterday it was a sharp stabbing pain and laughing coughing etc was a chore. better this morning.

I couldnt help myself, conditions were just optimal and goin off a bit, since it has been icy the past few weeks.

I busted 10 ribs in a car wreck in HS so I know rib pain, I was down for several weeks on that one. punctured lung broken clavicle multiple teeth busted out.

Go hard or go home

those are some thick plates! sorry to hear about your injury, at least youll still be able to go out and ride again. Just don't underestimate the sidecut of a GS board again and youll be fine;)

has the board (overdose) been shipped out to Germany yet? keep us posted on the progress.

OD is boxed and ready to go. Gotta stop at DHL Tuesday. Dont expect it back for the remainder of season, but if nsow holds up like it was today, I wont need it.

The plates are actually a touch thinner than the Catek plates, but I loved that I made them and wish I did earlier. They give me a much more leverage. and riding has been on. I have actually had to back off on my aggressiveness diving into turns (chomp chomp)and go with a more of a natural flow edge to edge (chew chew). It feel almost effortless.

I will be looking to make some additional sets if any one is interested. I can throw in a few extra sets when I come to ECES. I can also get my local laser guy to burn your name into the plates, if interested.

I will post new pics once I make the new sets. those are rough and the sorbathane doesnt make them lookk too hot.

• 4 weeks later...

Cafer

I can make a set but I made mine from three thinner layers stacked, not the 3/16" lexan. The local home depot didnt not have it, so I went with thinner and it seemed to hold up just as well. I think it would allow for the three plates to slide over each other during flex. Just keep an eye on them after each ride. you will need to get longer screws. I forget what length, but I will figure it out when I goto home depot.

If you want 3/16" I gotta order a half sheet, and I havent gotten material approval from my wife yet. the triple stack should work for you and also understand that I hold not liability in building them for you, you ride them with the assumption of risk. sorry , I work in insurance.

POGO- they are working on it, looking to repair and repress, it will muck up the top sheet a bit, but I didnt want to fork over another $220 for a new topsheet, i jjust want to be abel to ride it again.

Cafer, let me know. I can build them at cost plus a self purchased 6-pack.

Yes - put em together - the 3 plates sounds good to me.

Let me know when you got em completed - I'll meet you at Blue, deliver the

6-pack....and take this coiler for a spin....

I'll be in Daytona for Bikeweek from Feb 28- March 8th. Just putting the finishing touches on my 2.5 year chopper build project....super stoked!

What flavor 6-pack you like?

hey due date is when ever you get to it....I'm in no rush....i'm missing the ECES thats same time I'll be in Daytona.

When I get back and you get back we get in touch and work it out.

No worries - "at your convenience" works for me

Enjoy ECES - those guys are great - take complete advantage of the demo booth.....its fun to ride all the different decks.