Note to New Members ×

binding blowout

caspercarver

this photo shows why you should not buy crappy old bindings at the local thrift store. a thought when i was putting them on my board they had some kind of alloy substructure, but i was wrong. the rear binding snapped on a hard heel-side turn so thankfully i was pretty low to the ground. thank the stars no injuries. i have three sets of different bindings to save time when switching boards on the hill but i think from now on i will just use the TD2s.:smashfrea

post-3662-141842248055_thumb.jpg

well the issue is not a real issue, its just that riding with 0° cant and zero lift and lower angle puts a very high stress on the rear bail, and can lead, sometimes, to bail breakage...

We know Fin is going to find a solution with a special tempered steel soon ( prayers) ;)...

I have seen people ride TD2 on their Extremecarver since they got out, and after a slight bend of the bail they have not seen any more problem..

I have broken a Ti bail two weeks ago, and now will put custom tempered bails, but until they arrived i switched back to normal bails and they did not move or failed.... so the issue is not general, it depends also if you tight the binding a lot or not, work a lot laterally on your boots etc....tighting the bindings will not let too much play for the bails to get bend, so we recommend tightening them.

We do snap F2 bails as much, so F2's advantage beeing weight mostly... but its a matter of tastes too, i really like the feel of the TD and the safety of the "clonk" when i close them :)

N

Cool photo! Glad you were not hurt. I wonder what failed first, the center disc or the plate? ) Let the engineering discussion begin :)

I will pay postage , send all your old parts to me please?

(I have other BROKEN sets I can use the parts to complete the sets)

Thanks, Bryan