Note to New Members ×

BX set up for first time

DiveBomber

Ncer, In my experiences, I meant to imply that "you can't use um" to read as advice for the best results for this sort of racing.

I'll be a supporter of softboots for this event.... seen way toomany people get broken in hardboots years ago, but perhaps now it is different and the BX courses are more tame than I recall racing in with preliminary rounds of x-game qualifiers up at Mount Snow.

Just saying, going massive off a 40 foot roller and putting the board down on top of the guy next to you who is rolling down the windows while inthe air like a panic striken drunk with a mouthfull of puke in a car...... is no fun......... especialy doing it at near 40 mph.

Call me a Safety first Worry-wort, but the gains of hardboots is minimal.

I have a pic from the olympics a few years back and the 1,2,3, positions are US riders in soft boots.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pic from the olympics a few years back and the 1,2,3, positions are US riders in soft boots.

Would that be the 2006 Olympics? The first (and only, at this point) Olympic Boardercross?

the one that was won by Seth Westcott of the US (on softboots, by a hair) followed by (a charging hard) Radoslz Zidek of Slovakia, on hard boots, and in third Paul Henri DeLerue, of france (soft boots)?

If so, I'd love to see your picture.

FWIW, It was only a great defensive move by Westcott to protect his position that prevented a faster Zidek from getting around Westcott at the finish.

I'm not sure why you'd want a true twin for BX, most of the BX rides I've seen certainly are directional.

I would not want a burton dominant for BX myself.....

Twins, in particular true twins with out a directional flex I feel rob most riders of performance while riding forward for the sake of riding switch which they only do 1% of the time.

I'd want something capable of railing a turn!

I totally agree with the getting softies though

most riders are much better off in a softboot for that type of thing.

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/40474/2005124253341250432_rs.jpg

BX pic in center.

Under it is my Rossignol Twintip 163 with 1997 Burton Custom Freeride 3 strap bindings. Angles set agressive stance 45 and 32 degrees, nosed out +2 inches shifted to tail weight -1.

Perhaps the single best board setup I have ever ridden hands down winner and I've let a bunch of people ride it for their opinion also and 9 out of 10 times, they come back and don't even need to say a word, their face tells the tale.

If you really want a super nice ride, get a 2007 Rozzi Premier and a set of these (old) bindings. it was an alternate board I've ridden with them, and performance is quite similar. Very stable in flight and stomps landings solidly every time.

I am also looking forward to slapping these on the Nidiecker Proto and seeing how it feels soon :)

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/40474/2005124253341250432_rs.jpg

BX pic in center.

Under it is my Rossignol Twintip 163 with 1997 Burton Custom Freeride 3 strap bindings. Angles set agressive stance 45 and 32 degrees, nosed out +2 inches shifted to tail weight -1.

Perhaps the single best board setup I have ever ridden hands down winner and I've let a bunch of people ride it for their opinion also and 9 out of 10 times, they come back and don't even need to say a word, their face tells the tale.

huzzah, were those nine people upgrading from sims switchblades?

here's the video of the finals in the olympics two of four are hardbooters

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DumM0O-phk0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DumM0O-phk0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Notice......... One of the 2 Hard booters completely bailed and did not remain on his feet, or recover from getting corked out.... the softbooter did.

:flamethro

Just sayin....... LOL.

EDIT: I'm not saying the rozi board is like ..OMAHGAWAS....teh bestus board in da world 4 evah but just that it is a really well thought out and set up nicely ballanced board that I let people compare to their rigs and they like my board.

ncermak,

I've watched the NBC video a number of times but it doesn't have Wescott's overtaking Zadik near the end (must have been out of camera sight). Can you see the defensive move you mention on the video?

Just curious ....

Michael

After the last jump, Zadik is on westcots heelside. seth drifts towards his heelside, forcing Zadik to try to move around him. If he had stayed in a straight line, Zadik could have easily overtaken him on the heelside.

Dave -

Don't misinterpret. It can be done. But for most courses I think softies are more appropriate. todays X games course was a screamer. I think a Hardbooter would fared well, if ESPN didn't have their head up their asses and would allow us.

Ncermak, no worries :)

While it is 100% entirely possible to do it in HB gear..... I'n just basing my advice off my experiences in 2000-2001 Mount Snow racing BX and pre-x games walk on tryouts...and just remembering how many times I nearly shatmyshorts in a single run every time I raced. That course both years was absolutely MASSIVE.... I think if I was in HBs, I definately would have brownstained underoos and some seriously crushed ankle bones or tib/ fib plates.

:boxing_sm It used to be an all out "war" in BX... it has become much more tame in the past years.

Ncermak, no worries :)

While it is 100% entirely possible to do it in HB gear..... I'n just basing my advice off my experiences in 2000-2001 Mount Snow racing BX and pre-x games walk on tryouts...and just remembering how many times I nearly shatmyshorts in a single run every time I raced. That course both years was absolutely MASSIVE.... I think if I was in HBs, I definately would have brownstained underoos and some seriously crushed ankle bones or tib/ fib plates.

:boxing_sm It used to be an all out "war" in BX... it has become much more tame in the past years.

What would be the perfect HB set up?? How could you have the best of both worlds? I mean, I guess I could see with other people banging around you how it could kinda make it tougher in HBs