Note to New Members ×

cheapest place to stay in Summit CO?

DiveBomber

Try the Alpine Inn in Frisco (behind Best Western) or the Super 8 in Dillon. There are also some reasonable hotels in Silverthorne below 1-70. Or try the Arapahoe Inn in Keystone.

Just a 2nd for the Alpine Inn. It's basic but clean, neat, and inexpensive. A short walk to the grocery store too.

I was able to get in on a shared housing in Breck. Something you might think about for next season. Some of the ~8 members use it for the weekends - I'm a weekday member. So far it's worked out great for me. Between savings on gas, and getting in extra days, I'm almost going to break even. The deal I worked out was $200 a month for a 6mo lease nov-april. Check out craigslist for shared housing.

Are you in the Denver area? I usually make it up Monday, Tuesday, and or Wednesday. If I remember you ride on at copper ... I only have a 5mtn / loveland weekday pass.

twelsch

Past few years I've been using Priceline on day of stay just an hour or two before I want to check in. Great if you are mobile in a small town like Frisco or Dillon. I've been getting it done for $35 - $40 a night at Holiday Inn Frisco or Super 8 Dillon. I rode with a guy last year in March that stayed at the aforementioned Hostel in Dillon or Silverthorne. Open as of that recently. Last time I was in Frisco I had no laptop and called about a room that was more than $100 a night. I walked through the lobby and used one of the desktops in the common area to look at priceline. $40 for the same place.

Ill check it out, I also found the frisco lodge, any feedback on them?

Not the cheapest for sure. You get a solid breakfast though. The owner couldn't be more UNfriendly :smashfrea (ex-cop :lol:).

Depending for how long you stay, if you are alone or with more people, you could definitely find better that FL deals.

Good luck!

I was able to get in on a shared housing in Breck. Something you might think about for next season. Some of the ~8 members use it for the weekends - I'm a weekday member. So far it's worked out great for me. Between savings on gas, and getting in extra days, I'm almost going to break even. The deal I worked out was $200 a month for a 6mo lease nov-april. Check out craigslist for shared housing.

Are you in the Denver area? I usually make it up Monday, Tuesday, and or Wednesday. If I remember you ride on at copper ... I only have a 5mtn / loveland weekday pass.

twelsch

Yeah Ill have to remeber that, I check with one guy that posted here, but didnt hear back. I had the 5 mtn pas the past couple seasons, but race training is at copper, So i went with that, if it wasnt for the cost of the training I might have gotten both.

What used to be the Alpen Hutte is under new management, now called the Riverside Lodge. The lodge has been freshened up and they are trying to cater to larger goups. If not booked, they do offer reasonable nightly rates.

I wanted hobo, Id look for a boxcar.

"be a man, sleep in your car"

-Boxcar Willy

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

King Of The Road Lyrics

Artist(Band):The Clash

Trailers for sale or rent

Rooms to let 50 cents,

No phone, no pool, no pets

I ain’t got no cigarettes

Now two hours of pushing broom

Buys an eight-by-twelve four bit room

I’m a man of means by no means

King of the road

Third box-car midnight train

Destination Bangor, Maine

Old worn out suit and shoes

I don’t pay no union dues

I know every engineer on every train

All of their children and all of their names

And every lock that ain't locked

When no one's around

I smoke old stogies I have found

Short but not too big around

I'm a Man of means by no means

King of the road

post-123-141842246001_thumb.jpg

Guest shrederjen

I will probably regret this, but I also, was and still somewhat am a Deadhead.

Not to thread jack or anything.

Also, I have cheap accomedations up there, if ya have 10 or so people in your group!

post-1083-141842246516_thumb.jpg