Note to New Members ×

New to Alpine Boarding

Speed Demon

I am new to alpine snowboarding, and i want to know what some good gear to start out with, i read the thing about starting on alpine snowboarding at the home page and it helped, but i was looking more for some riders inputs on these things.

I am also a smaller person so i ride about a 146 freeride snowboard, what board size should i be getting?

And I was wondering a little about stuff, like i heard/read about GS boards and SL boards what is the difference between the two, and just other things like that. Thanks!

________

Roll a joint

Drop me an email if you are interested in a 156cm Santa Cruz race board. This board is slightly asymetrical and designed for right foot forward (goofy) with three hole binding pattern.

$125 and you pay shipping, pics available.

Hugh

Originally posted by Hugh

Drop me an email if you are interested in a 156cm Santa Cruz race board. This board is slightly asymetrical and designed for right foot forward (goofy) with three hole binding pattern.

$125 and you pay shipping, pics available.

Hugh

Could i get some pics of your board? Thanks.

________

WEB SHOWS

Originally posted by Speed Demon

I am new to alpine snowboarding, and i want to know what some good gear to start out with, i read the thing about starting on alpine snowboarding at the home page and it helped, but i was looking more for some riders inputs on these things.

I am also a smaller person so i ride about a 146 freeride snowboard, what board size should i be getting?

And I was wondering a little about stuff, like i heard/read about GS boards and SL boards what is the difference between the two, and just other things like that. Thanks!

Head down to the Mt Hood carve fest in May and see many different set ups and talk to several hardbooters. You might also contact Sean who has replied on the post and discuss demo needs with him. He has quite a bit of gear he is bringing. He is a super good guy and goes out of his way to help new riders. There are no dumb questions.

CYa

AL

I believe that some of the asym boards have died out, but you can't rule them all out. This board rails with a small rider. 9 meter toe side and 8 meter heel side. A great board for the intermediate to advanced. Stiff and very fast, using a Volkl wood core with Santa Cruz snowboard technology.

I'll dig up the paperwork that explains the technology of the board.

More later,

Hugh

Guest Pepe Le Pew

OK, best offer wins, closing on Sunday 4/4. I won't accept less than $100 (plus shipping, but the locals can pick them up in Redmond). Cant disks are 3° and 6°. Bumpers are purple.

They're in good condition, if not excellent. One of the top screws could be replaced though.

Please contact me directly, through the profile button below.

Eric

Guest Pepe Le Pew

Jon, you've seen my other pair of TD1's (the one with the retro kit on the back foot). I actually wouldn't be surprised the one I am selling has been used less since it was installed on my old 171 Rossi that I barely rode during the last couple seasons...

Eric

and the bottom. Binding T-Bolts can be seen on the base in the N of Santa and the R in Cruz.

Square tail (not asym funky tail). Notice the slight difference between the two edges. Looking at the board from the bottom, the left side (heel edge) is 8 meter sidecut vs. right side (toe edge) is 9 meter.

Hugh

post-92-141842197489_thumb.jpg