Note to New Members ×

Donek Axis 172

Guest freeride

Guest gabrielo

I am strongly interested. I am in Seattle. Riding a K2

Eldorado 164. Height 5'10". Weight 165 lbs.

Do you know enough about alpine boards to be able to provide unbiased advise as to whether the Axis 172 would be about the right length for me?

Are bindings included?

You offered to send pictures, please do so.

Gabrielo

I'm 5'7" and 160 lbs. I rode the 167, 172, and 177 at SES. I would rate it's flex as slightly softer than the Renntiger I usually ride with excellent edge hold. A 172 or 177 will find a home with me just as soon as I purchase a set of TD2's. First things first! BTW, rode them w/3 degree cants and 50/45 angles.

The Axis is a great step up from the Eldo. My Eldorado 174 has been one of my favorites for years. I found the Axis 177 more stable with better grip and easygoing flex (not raceboard stiff). Fun and easy to ride. I'm 5'10', 210lbs. IMHO excellent choice for first alpine board.

Guest freeride

Here is a pic of the Axis. Please note the bindings are not included. It is a standard Axis, purchased new at the beginning of last season. That would make it an '02-'03.

post-1012-141842197174_thumb.jpg