Note to New Members ×

Coiler AM172 Metal

durace

sooo cool. It makes me want to eat backwords. What's that dumb "patience" proverb? Whatever it is I do not subscribe! I want instant gratification too!

I should be in queue with Bruce for that and an SL board.

The board looks killer DA. Enjoy it. I do expect a write up after you ride it.

Kurt

Thanks DT I don't think I have taken a picture in 20 years that my dogs don't make it in.

Nice Ben, Are you going to use a spacer under your binding or mount right to the deck? I'm on the fence. Should be great conditions to test the metal Thursday.

Paul

I made up some spacers for it and I'm gonna try them. I made a set out of polycarbonate and another set out of polyethylene. I don't want to affect the flex of the board too much so I'm going to experiment with these two.

I made up a template if you are interested in a set. All I need to do is attach the template to the raw material and run it through my router.

->Ben

I was thinking the same, I made a template and have a couple sheets of material. I was thinking Lexan.

Paul

Then polycarbonate is what you want. Get part # 85805K27 www.mcmaster.com and if you have Bombers then you need to get M6 x 20mm bolts to hold them to the board. I like the oval phillips head ones. Part # 90258A288 in case you wanted that too.

->Ben

"pro"?

what's that mean?

Nothing special so to speak. Bruce is calling it the "pro model", but I would say "Gen 2" or "Revision 2" would apply better. According to Bruce it's the same as Mike T's 172 AM-T template with a small change:

"On the 72 AMT I have added a small decamber to the tip and tail ( 2.5mm) and modified the flex a bit to make it more carve friendly. When I say modified the flex a bit that equals 8 thousandths of an inch removed the entry and exit flex area and added to the mid section."

Specs on MikeT's custom template:

172 length (AM-T)

12 sidecut

21.5 waist

3mm taper

Built for my 165lbs of course...

Very, very, very, very, very stoked to get this board!